Bradley Cooper: I Used to be Jealous of Leonardo DiCaprio
By Toyin Owoseje | November 16, 2012 5:20 AM EST
He is one of Hollywood's biggest names, but before he found worldwide fame Bradley Cooper envied Leonardo DiCaprio.
The Hangover actor, who was crowned People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive in 2011, has revealed that as a student he struggled to make ends meet and had to take a job as a doorman in a hotel.
Recalling an encounter with the Titanic star after he was catapulted into superstardom, Cooper said he remembered feeling that they were 'worlds apart'.
''I worked as a doorman all through grad school. I remember taking Leonardo DiCaprio up to his room, and I was in the elevator with him and, like, seven of his friends. It was around the time of 'Titanic'," he told ShortList magazine during a recent interview.
''And I remember this guy who looked like a kid, even though we were about the same age, he looked like a little boy. I remember thinking how I was three feet away from this guy, and we were worlds apart.''
The 37-year-old heartthrob, who stars alongside actress Jennifer Lawrence in his new film Silver Linings Playbook also admitted to still getting star struck.
He named his Limitless co-star Robert De Niro as just one of a few celebrities he still can't believe he knows.
''To this day, I can't believe [I'm friends with him]. He's infectious. You know when you're with some of your friends and you just start to act like them?" he told ShortList magazine.
''That's what he's like. When you're with him, you find yourself just starting to adopt some of those mannerisms through osmosis. I draw the line at going to get a Mohawk, though.''
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica