Arsenal Transfer News: Huntelaar, Reina, Zaha and Tello Involved in Latest Speculation
By Jason Le Miere | November 16, 2012 2:58 AM EST
Reported Arsenal target Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is set to decide on his future this winter, according to his agent Arnoldus Oosterveer. The Netherlands international is out of contract with Schalke at the end of the season and has been strongly linked with a host of Premier League clubs, including Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and the Gunners.
However, Oosterveer has denied that any agreement has yet been made.
"There is no agreement with any English club and Klaas has not yet decided anything about his future," Oosterveer said, according to Sky Sports.
"He has not decided if he wants to play in Italy, Spain, England or stay in Germany. He is planning his future in the winter."
Huntelaar will be free to negotiate a pre-contract agreement from January and while the 29-year-old could yet decide to sign a new deal with his Bundesliga club, that option appears unlikely.
"Currently no hypothesis is rejected because in football you never know,” Oosterveer added.
"So you [will] have to wait to know Huntelaar's future."
Arsenal have also been heavily linked to young Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha. The winger made his debut for England against Sweden on Wednesday, just days after turning 20. Reports have suggested that Arsene Wenger would try to lure Zaha to the club in the January transfer window.
Zaha is sure to be in high demand, though, and Goal.com have claimed that it is Manchester United who will strike first in the race to claim his signature with an offer that would allow him to remain at Palace until the end of the season. With Palace currently top of the Championship and fighting to earn promotion to the Premier League, it is a deal that is likely to tempting to Zaha’s current employers.
If a move for Zaha fails, Wenger may turn his attentions to another young wide forward in the form of Barcelona’s Cristian Tello. The 21-year-old was thought to have all but agreed to a contract extension at the Camp Nou beyond the end of this season, but, according to Spanish publication Marca, negotiations have now stalled. The delay is said to be down to a disagreement over Tello’s buyout clause.
Tello has contributed three goals and three assists in 10 appearances for Barcelona this season.
While boosting his attacking options appears to be Wenger’s priority, reports have also suggested that he could make a move for a goalkeeper in order to provide competition for or to even replace Wojciech Szczesny.
Liverpool’s Pepe Reina appears to be high on Wenger’s list of targets with Metro, citing reports in Spain, becoming the latest publication to report of a renewal in Arsenal’s interest. The Spaniard was a target for Arsenal back in 2010 with Reina claiming that the Gunners had a £20 million bid rejected for his services.
Arsenal may feel that they could now secure the 30-year-old’s signature given his recent spate of errors that have led to suggestions that he could lose his place in the Liverpool first team to Brad Jones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica