Petrol To Cost Less From Midnight
By Sree Vazhakode | November 15, 2012 11:55 PM EST
Petrol prices will be reduced by 1.4 percent from midnight on Thursday as global prices remained less volatile, Indian Oil Corp. has said.
In New Delhi, petrol will cost Rs 67.24, down by 95 paise per liter, from Rs 68.19 a litre.
Petrol price in Mumbai will be down by Rs 1.20 per litre to Rs 73.53 while it will cost Rs 70.57 a litre in Chennai. In Kolkata, the price has been cut by Rs 1.19 to Rs 74.55 per litre.
"The trends in the international oil market and rupee-dollar exchange rate are being closely monitored and the same shall be reflected in future price changes," IOC said in the statement, Reuters reported.
Petrol prices were last revised on October 29.
The other two state-run fuel retailers -- Bharat Petroleum Corp and Hindustan Petroleum Corp -- are also expected to cut the rates as they normally revise the prices together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories