Petrol To Cost Less From Midnight
By Sree Vazhakode | November 15, 2012 11:55 PM EST
Petrol prices will be reduced by 1.4 percent from midnight on Thursday as global prices remained less volatile, Indian Oil Corp. has said.
In New Delhi, petrol will cost Rs 67.24, down by 95 paise per liter, from Rs 68.19 a litre.
Petrol price in Mumbai will be down by Rs 1.20 per litre to Rs 73.53 while it will cost Rs 70.57 a litre in Chennai. In Kolkata, the price has been cut by Rs 1.19 to Rs 74.55 per litre.
"The trends in the international oil market and rupee-dollar exchange rate are being closely monitored and the same shall be reflected in future price changes," IOC said in the statement, Reuters reported.
Petrol prices were last revised on October 29.
The other two state-run fuel retailers -- Bharat Petroleum Corp and Hindustan Petroleum Corp -- are also expected to cut the rates as they normally revise the prices together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date