Petrol To Cost Less From Midnight
By Sree Vazhakode | November 15, 2012 11:55 PM EST
Petrol prices will be reduced by 1.4 percent from midnight on Thursday as global prices remained less volatile, Indian Oil Corp. has said.
In New Delhi, petrol will cost Rs 67.24, down by 95 paise per liter, from Rs 68.19 a litre.
Petrol price in Mumbai will be down by Rs 1.20 per litre to Rs 73.53 while it will cost Rs 70.57 a litre in Chennai. In Kolkata, the price has been cut by Rs 1.19 to Rs 74.55 per litre.
"The trends in the international oil market and rupee-dollar exchange rate are being closely monitored and the same shall be reflected in future price changes," IOC said in the statement, Reuters reported.
Petrol prices were last revised on October 29.
The other two state-run fuel retailers -- Bharat Petroleum Corp and Hindustan Petroleum Corp -- are also expected to cut the rates as they normally revise the prices together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2