Petrol To Cost Less From Midnight
By Sree Vazhakode | November 15, 2012 11:55 PM EST
Petrol prices will be reduced by 1.4 percent from midnight on Thursday as global prices remained less volatile, Indian Oil Corp. has said.
In New Delhi, petrol will cost Rs 67.24, down by 95 paise per liter, from Rs 68.19 a litre.
Petrol price in Mumbai will be down by Rs 1.20 per litre to Rs 73.53 while it will cost Rs 70.57 a litre in Chennai. In Kolkata, the price has been cut by Rs 1.19 to Rs 74.55 per litre.
"The trends in the international oil market and rupee-dollar exchange rate are being closely monitored and the same shall be reflected in future price changes," IOC said in the statement, Reuters reported.
Petrol prices were last revised on October 29.
The other two state-run fuel retailers -- Bharat Petroleum Corp and Hindustan Petroleum Corp -- are also expected to cut the rates as they normally revise the prices together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- Woman Posts Ad for Herself As 'Professional Bridesmaid' On Craigslist
- Mass Panic Over Houston's 'Blinking Lights' in the Sky; UFO Sceptics Still Not Convinced
- Social Gap Between New Zealand Ethnic Groups 'Worsening'
- Autistic Business Owners Capitalize On Strengths For Success
- Food Finger Condoms Turns A Huge Hit In Korea
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports