Android 4.1.2 Codebox Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | November 15, 2012 10:35 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 users are yet to receive the official Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware update. Nevertheless, a flurry of custom ROM Jelly Bean updates have flocked the smartphone in recent times. Codebox Android 4.1.2 ROM is the latest entrant to join the Jelly Bean party for Galaxy S2 I9100 with due credit to the industrious Android developers.
Android 4.1.2 Codebox Jelly Bean ROM Features:
- Every feature from cna
- USB Mass storage mode
- Torch at lockscreen
- Horsepower settings directly in the main settings (no external app)
- Android 4.1.2
- Performance and code cleaning stuff
- Many grafic enhancements
- Some nice stuff from android 4.2 like
- Camera app
- Gallery app
- Keyboard app
Key Points to Note
- The Android 4.1.2 Codebox ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable only to the international variant Galaxy S2 I9100 model and will not work with any other device. Verify your device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Galaxy S2 to enable connectivity with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 USB drivers
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Android 4.1.2 Codebox Jelly Bean ROM on your Galaxy S2.
- Do a Dalvik Cache wipe before continuing from recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing Android 4.1.2 Codebox Jelly Bean ROM, as it is a custom ROM release.
- Users are advised to back up their apps, important personal data and settings on their phone to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purposes only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.2 firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Codebox Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
Step 1 - Download Codebox Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S2 on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy S2 USB mass storage on your computer with an USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded Android 4.1.2 ZIP file to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Then power off your phone and unplug its USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Power on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the phone boots into CWM Recovery mode.
Step 6 - In CWM Recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then browse to flash zip from SD card option and hit the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Tap the Power button again and click choose zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to navigate to the Android 4.1.2 ZIP file that you copied to your phone's SD card and choose it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once both the ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and choose Reboot System Now from the recovery menu. The phone will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Your Galaxy S2 I9100 is now successfully updated with Android 4.1.2 Codebox Jelly Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report