ClockworkMod Recovery Now Available for Nexus 10 [How to Install]
By Shruti Hirur | November 15, 2012 9:53 PM EST
Flashing of a custom recovery allows users to install the custom ROMs on their devices. Android enthusiasts can check out the guide below to flash the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on their latest Nexus 10. CWM recovery has been the most commonly used custom recovery employed by Android users.
Unlock the bootloader on the Nexus 10 before flashing CWM recovery. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any consequences. Also, this procedure will wipe data on your device and reset it to factory settings.
Remember this guide works only with the Nexus 10 and not on any other device.
- Ensure all important data is backed up
- Ensure your device's bootloader is unlocked
To install CWM on Nexus 10:
- Download and install the Android SDK from here to your computer
- Download Fastboot to flash the recovery on the tablet
- Extract the Fastboot.zip file to any convenient location on your computer. You will now obtain a folder named Fastboot containing four files inside it
- Download the CWM recovery image
- Copy the recovery image to the Fastboot folder obtained in step 3
- Turn device off and boot into fastboot mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up,Volume Down and Power buttons until screen turns on and shows up "Start" in green
- Connect Nexus 10 to the computer using USB cable and wait until Windows installs the drivers
- Click on Start menu > All Programs > Accessories and right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run As Administrator. If you are using Windows 8, this can be achieved by right-clicking on the extreme bottom left corner of the taskbar and choosing Command Prompt
- Flash the CWM image. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Fastboot folder. For instance, if the Fastboot folder is in C drive then enter cd C:Fastboot in command prompt and press Enter
- Now, enter fastboot devices
- Flash CWM recovery by entering fastboot flash recovery recovery.img in the command prompt
- You should now see a "finished" or "OKAY" message in the command prompt. Now, type fastboot reboot and press Enter
- CWM recovery is now installed on Nexus 10. To boot into CWM recovery, switch off the device and boot into bootloader mode. Scroll to and select recovery mode option to reboot the tablet into CWM recovery
[Source: The Android Soul]
To contact the editor, e-mail: