MegaFon Plans to Raise $1.7bn-$2.3bn in London and Moscow IPO
By Geetha Pillai | November 15, 2012 8:01 PM EST
Russia's second largest mobile operator MegaFon has set its Initial Public Offering (IPO) at a price range of $20 to $25 a share to raise $1.7bn to $2.3bn.
MegaFon and its Swedish shareholder TeliaSonera are planning to sell 15 percent of the MegaFon stake and trading is expected to begin in London and Moscow on 28 November.
At the given price range, the company is valued at $11.2bn to $14bn, MegaFon said in a statement. Analysts have estimated a fair value of $12bn to $16bn for the company.
Though TeliaSonera helped set up the company, disputes over the conduct of the company and strategic policies were part of the partnership since the beginning. MegaFon is controlled by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who will retain his stake in the company.
TeliaSonera has decided to reduce its stake in the company and MegaFon is also selling its treasury stocks to cut down its debts amounting to 159m roubles.
MegaFon reported a 20 percent jump in its third quarter profits to 14.9bn roubles ($470m) boosted by increased revenues from adding new customers. The company has 63 million users in Russia.
The IPO proceeds are expected to be used for debt reduction and network improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China