MegaFon Plans to Raise $1.7bn-$2.3bn in London and Moscow IPO
By Geetha Pillai | November 15, 2012 8:01 PM EST
Russia's second largest mobile operator MegaFon has set its Initial Public Offering (IPO) at a price range of $20 to $25 a share to raise $1.7bn to $2.3bn.
MegaFon and its Swedish shareholder TeliaSonera are planning to sell 15 percent of the MegaFon stake and trading is expected to begin in London and Moscow on 28 November.
At the given price range, the company is valued at $11.2bn to $14bn, MegaFon said in a statement. Analysts have estimated a fair value of $12bn to $16bn for the company.
Though TeliaSonera helped set up the company, disputes over the conduct of the company and strategic policies were part of the partnership since the beginning. MegaFon is controlled by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who will retain his stake in the company.
TeliaSonera has decided to reduce its stake in the company and MegaFon is also selling its treasury stocks to cut down its debts amounting to 159m roubles.
MegaFon reported a 20 percent jump in its third quarter profits to 14.9bn roubles ($470m) boosted by increased revenues from adding new customers. The company has 63 million users in Russia.
The IPO proceeds are expected to be used for debt reduction and network improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best