MegaFon Plans to Raise $1.7bn-$2.3bn in London and Moscow IPO
By Geetha Pillai | November 15, 2012 8:01 PM EST
Russia's second largest mobile operator MegaFon has set its Initial Public Offering (IPO) at a price range of $20 to $25 a share to raise $1.7bn to $2.3bn.
MegaFon and its Swedish shareholder TeliaSonera are planning to sell 15 percent of the MegaFon stake and trading is expected to begin in London and Moscow on 28 November.
At the given price range, the company is valued at $11.2bn to $14bn, MegaFon said in a statement. Analysts have estimated a fair value of $12bn to $16bn for the company.
Though TeliaSonera helped set up the company, disputes over the conduct of the company and strategic policies were part of the partnership since the beginning. MegaFon is controlled by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who will retain his stake in the company.
TeliaSonera has decided to reduce its stake in the company and MegaFon is also selling its treasury stocks to cut down its debts amounting to 159m roubles.
MegaFon reported a 20 percent jump in its third quarter profits to 14.9bn roubles ($470m) boosted by increased revenues from adding new customers. The company has 63 million users in Russia.
The IPO proceeds are expected to be used for debt reduction and network improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People