MegaFon Plans to Raise $1.7bn-$2.3bn in London and Moscow IPO
By Geetha Pillai | November 15, 2012 8:01 PM EST
Russia's second largest mobile operator MegaFon has set its Initial Public Offering (IPO) at a price range of $20 to $25 a share to raise $1.7bn to $2.3bn.
MegaFon and its Swedish shareholder TeliaSonera are planning to sell 15 percent of the MegaFon stake and trading is expected to begin in London and Moscow on 28 November.
At the given price range, the company is valued at $11.2bn to $14bn, MegaFon said in a statement. Analysts have estimated a fair value of $12bn to $16bn for the company.
Though TeliaSonera helped set up the company, disputes over the conduct of the company and strategic policies were part of the partnership since the beginning. MegaFon is controlled by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who will retain his stake in the company.
TeliaSonera has decided to reduce its stake in the company and MegaFon is also selling its treasury stocks to cut down its debts amounting to 159m roubles.
MegaFon reported a 20 percent jump in its third quarter profits to 14.9bn roubles ($470m) boosted by increased revenues from adding new customers. The company has 63 million users in Russia.
The IPO proceeds are expected to be used for debt reduction and network improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region