MegaFon Plans to Raise $1.7bn-$2.3bn in London and Moscow IPO
By Geetha Pillai | November 15, 2012 8:01 PM EST
Russia's second largest mobile operator MegaFon has set its Initial Public Offering (IPO) at a price range of $20 to $25 a share to raise $1.7bn to $2.3bn.
MegaFon and its Swedish shareholder TeliaSonera are planning to sell 15 percent of the MegaFon stake and trading is expected to begin in London and Moscow on 28 November.
At the given price range, the company is valued at $11.2bn to $14bn, MegaFon said in a statement. Analysts have estimated a fair value of $12bn to $16bn for the company.
Though TeliaSonera helped set up the company, disputes over the conduct of the company and strategic policies were part of the partnership since the beginning. MegaFon is controlled by Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who will retain his stake in the company.
TeliaSonera has decided to reduce its stake in the company and MegaFon is also selling its treasury stocks to cut down its debts amounting to 159m roubles.
MegaFon reported a 20 percent jump in its third quarter profits to 14.9bn roubles ($470m) boosted by increased revenues from adding new customers. The company has 63 million users in Russia.
The IPO proceeds are expected to be used for debt reduction and network improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools