LG Nexus 4 vs. HTC Droid DNA: Which Smartphone is Superior?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 15, 2012 3:27 PM EST
Two new smartphones jumped in the smartphone battle recently - LG Nexus 4 and HTC Droid DNA.
HTC and Verizon Wireless finally unveiled the rumored smartphone HTC Droid DNA and its amazing specs and features that make other smartphones bite the dust. The much talked about HTC Droid DNA was finally introduce at a press event Tuesday in New York. Although not a perfect smartphone, its pixel-dense display and body design are surely up for competition.
The new HTC Droid DNA boasts 5-inch 1080p HD Super LCD3 display. It included 440 pixels per inch like the iPhone 5 and puts most other smartphone displays to shame. The DNA runs Google's Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and includes HTC's Sense 4.0+ user interface overlay.
Unfortunately, HTC Droid DNA is available only in the US. Verizon Wireless will be the only network that will offer the device through its plans.
Google also introduced its new line of hardware through a blog post after its media event in New York was canceled due to Hurricane Sandy early this month.
One of the devices announced by the company is its latest Nexus smartphone courtesy of LG. The Google-LG Nexus 4 is rumored to be equipped with 4.7 inch screen display with 1280x768 resolution, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and 2100 mAh battery.
The new Google-LG smartphone will run with the new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which promises new features upgrade such as better camera options and controls. The release of the new version of Android Jelly Bean OS left many Android smartphone users due to the long wait to get the update in their devices.
These two new smartphones will battle it all out in the market. Below is the comparison of the two smartphones.
Screen Display - LG Nexus 4 has 4.7 inch screen display with 768x1280 pixel resolution. HTC Droid DNA gained higher ground with its 5 inch Full HD screen display with 1080x1920 pixel resolution.
Processor - Both devices are powered by quad core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz with 2GB of RAM.
Internal Storage - LG Nexus 4 is available in 8GB and 16GB variants while HTC Droid DNA is available in 16GB.
Operating System - LG Nexus 4 will run with the latest Androidv4.2 Jelly Bean. HTC Droid DNA, on the other hand, comes with the previous version of Jelly Bean. However, HTC said that it is upgradable to the 4.2 version.
4G/LTE Connectivity - LG Nexus 4 left out this feature while HTC Droid DNA supports it.
Camera - Both devices are equipped with 8MP rear shooter. HTC Droid DNA proved to be superior with its 2.1MP front facing camera compared to LG Nexus 4's 1.3MP front camera.
Battery - LG Nexus 4 has 2100mAh that promises up to 15 hours of talk time in 3G. HTC Droid DNA has 2020 mAh battery.
HTC Droid DNA will be available only in US via Verizon Wireless starting November 21. LG Nexus 4 is now available in Google Play Store.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid