Out of this World: Human Face as Proof of Ruined Civilization on Mars?
By Arlene Paredes | November 15, 2012 1:14 PM EST
A man who has been compiling reports of UFO sightings claims spotting a male face on NASA's Mars photos.
Scott C. Waring, owner of ufosightingsdaily.com on Wednesday published a story on his discovery of a male face on Martian photos.
Waring, who owns an ESL School in Taiwan but maintains a website on UFO sightings, wrote on his blog that he was looking into NASA photos available at University of Arizona when he spotted a peculiar shape.
Having spotted the face with a "tall long hat," Waring speculated the figure must have been carved to honor a "powerful and respected" man, hinting that the shape could have been part of a civilization's ruins. Waring did not elaborate, but he surmised the "symbol" was meant to "commemorate a great leader."
"(T)he face was made in the hills because they wanted to commemorate a great leader, just as humans carved Mount Rushmore with the images of four faces of great US presidents," Waring wrote.
On the university's website, however, there was no mention of any unusual formation on the Mars photo.
"Regolith, particulate fragmented rock and fine grained soils, generally covers most of the surface of Mars," wrote Dr. Mike Mellon of the University of Arizona.
Mellon simply noted that the image shows a "geologically rich" portion of the Martian grounds.
A study in 2008 supported a 1980 theory that states an object one-tenth to two-thirds the size of the Moon (the area of Europe, Asia, and Australia combined) had struck northern Mars about four billion years ago. Further, water ice is abundant on its poles. Do you think life could have existed but gone extinct on the planet?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: First Effective Cure to Have Long-Term Remission; 3 Factors to Check on Inactive Virus
- Coming Soon: AntiViral Gel in Condoms to Kill HIV Virus
- Melbourne Man Gives Up Sex For a Year; Donates £50,000 in Charity
- FDA Prioritises Review of ‘Abuse-Deterrent’ Painkiller
- Tree of 40 Fruit: A Tree That Produces 40 Fruits in New York
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports