Out of this World: Human Face as Proof of Ruined Civilization on Mars?
By Arlene Paredes | November 15, 2012 1:14 PM EST
A man who has been compiling reports of UFO sightings claims spotting a male face on NASA's Mars photos.
Scott C. Waring, owner of ufosightingsdaily.com on Wednesday published a story on his discovery of a male face on Martian photos.
Waring, who owns an ESL School in Taiwan but maintains a website on UFO sightings, wrote on his blog that he was looking into NASA photos available at University of Arizona when he spotted a peculiar shape.
Having spotted the face with a "tall long hat," Waring speculated the figure must have been carved to honor a "powerful and respected" man, hinting that the shape could have been part of a civilization's ruins. Waring did not elaborate, but he surmised the "symbol" was meant to "commemorate a great leader."
"(T)he face was made in the hills because they wanted to commemorate a great leader, just as humans carved Mount Rushmore with the images of four faces of great US presidents," Waring wrote.
On the university's website, however, there was no mention of any unusual formation on the Mars photo.
"Regolith, particulate fragmented rock and fine grained soils, generally covers most of the surface of Mars," wrote Dr. Mike Mellon of the University of Arizona.
Mellon simply noted that the image shows a "geologically rich" portion of the Martian grounds.
A study in 2008 supported a 1980 theory that states an object one-tenth to two-thirds the size of the Moon (the area of Europe, Asia, and Australia combined) had struck northern Mars about four billion years ago. Further, water ice is abundant on its poles. Do you think life could have existed but gone extinct on the planet?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier