Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Released in Australia: Where to Buy
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 15, 2012 12:58 PM EST
Samsung's phablet made quite a buzz overseas since its release last August 29 at the IFA Event in Berlin, Germany. It boasts some amazing features such as incredibly fast processor, massive screen display, S-Pen and 4G/LTE connectivity. Below are the comparison of the specs and features of the two devices.
Many critics and reviewers doubt the appeal of the phablet at first. However, its massive screen display and other features attracted consumers. Samsung Galaxy Note 2's S-Pen also lured buyers to purchase this smartphone-tablet hybrid device.
The Galaxy Note 2 has a tag price of $899. Surprisingly, the Australian model of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will be available in 4G version through networks offering such service - Telstra and Optus. Samsung usually releases 3G versions of its phones first to be followed by the 4G versions.
At the launch event, Samsung demonstrated some special perks of the device for Aussies. The device will offer a split-screen mode on the smartphone-tablet hybrid, which allows users to open two apps at a time. This particular is not present in the overseas version of the Galaxy Note 2. The Australian version of the Note 2 will also come with the turn-by-turn navigation app, Navigon, free of charge.
Australia's top three mobile networks, Telstra, Optus and Vodafone, are cited to offer the aforementioned device. However, there is no update yet on the networks' websites on which plans where the device will be available.
Australians already availed the device through online retailers such as Kogan and MobiCity. Kogan offers the Galaxy Note 2 for $559, which saves you $250.
MobiCity, on the other hand, offers the phablet for $619. While Shopbot sells the device for $558.97. Buying from online retailers is way cheaper than buying it outright through carriers as well as from Samsung's Experience Store in Sydney. However, the model sold in these retailers is the overseas versions and the aforementioned features available to Australian version may not be present.
The Note 2 is an update to the Note, which surprised a lot of pundits with its popularity. Samsung recently revealed that it sold 3 million units of the Galaxy Note 2 worldwide in its first month of sales.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics