‘Grand Theft Auto 5’ Trailer Debuts: A Closer Look At Rockstar’s Newest Characters In Los Santos [VIDEO]
By Lisa Eadicicco | November 15, 2012 5:56 AM EST
Rockstar has given fans another peek at what they can expect from “Grand Theft Auto 5.” The new trailer delves into the three characters seen in the previous clip, but offers more insight on what players will be doing in the game.
The trailer depicts the lives of three men struggling to get by, each dealing with their own troubles and tribulations. Fans get an idea of the daily grind for each of these characters, which include scenarios dealing with mob-related or gang-induced violence.
Michael, Trevor and Franklin are the three playable characters in the game, and Rockstar has detailed the background information for each one. Michael is a veteran bank robber “with the kind of knowledge that only comes from years as a successful criminal.”
Trevor has been labeled as a “career criminal” and is known for his violent outbursts and rampages. “He’s easily the most psychopathic criminal to ever share the lead in a Grand Theft Auto game,” Rockstar says according to CNET.
Franklin works as a repo man for a luxury car dealership that seeks to scam the young and wealthy with new money. He sells them cars they can’t afford, and when they can’t make their payments, it’s his job to get those cars back. Repo man
With gun- toting protagonists, speedy cars and plenty of conflict, the new trailer appears to keep with the classic “Grand Theft Auto” mantra that has made the series what it is thus far. The new clip shows quick getaways, drug dealings and even Molotov cocktail explosions.
A funky rendition of “Skeletons In My Closet” fittingly serves as the backdrop to this GTA clip, as Rockstar takes viewers through what is sure to be a debauchery-filled adventure.
Pre-orders for “Grand Theft Auto 5” are already in full swing, and the game is set to debut in spring 2013.
See the trailer for yourself below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More