Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood Condemns Israel's Strike in Gaza
By Gianluca Mezzofiore | November 15, 2012 5:28 AM EST
Meanwhile Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas has called for an urgent Arab League meeting over the latest wave of strikes to hit the Gaza strip.
"Barakat al-Fara, the Palestinian ambassador in Cairo and the Palestinian representative in the Arab League, announced that based on instructions from President Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian state had asked for an urgent meeting of the Arab League to discuss the Israeli offense on Gaza strip," Egypt's news agency MENA said.
IDF military spokeswoman Avital Leibovitch said the operation - more than 20 strikes - targeted "specific terror sites" used to store rockets for use against Isralis.
"We have started an operation directed toward terror targets in the Gaza Strip following a very long year of rocket launches... The first target was [Jabari]," Leibovitch told BBC.
"There are 1.5 million people in Gaza, and even though we were targeted on a daily basis, we still helped Gazans in our hospitals because we are humanitarian people," she told Al Jaazera. "All options are on the table for us. We will do whatever necessary to protect the people of Israel".
The spokesman for the Hamas Interior ministry, Islam Shahwan, told AFP that six Palestinians have been killed thus far.
Palestinian witnesses also reported an explosion in the house of Hamas co-founder Mahmoud al-Zahar in Gaza.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Julie Bishop: ISIS Is 'Australia's Responsibility'
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display