United to Compete with Anzhi For Dutch Superstar – Report
By Adrian Back | November 15, 2012 1:48 AM EST
The Premier League side have long been linked with the Holland international and reports in Russia have claimed that United are prepared to make an offer of €20million during the January transfer window.
However, it seems as though Anzhi are also hoping to sign Sneijder and are prepared to use their financial power in order to offer him an increase in wages.
The report in the Russian publication believes that Inter are prepared to offer the midfielder a new contract, but they are not prepared to keep him on the €6million-a-year that he currently earns, making him one of the highest paid players in Italy.
They believe that Sneijder is unhappy with the new proposal from Inter and that has alerted both Manchester United and Anzhi.
Sir Alex Ferguson is a known admirer of the 28-year-old but has always been put off by the wages that he would demand. However, Manchester United are still searching for a successor to Paul Scholes and the hugely talented Dutchman would certainly be able to fill that role.
The midfielders agent, Soren Lerby, has dismissed the idea that he could move to Anzhi, which could possibly leave the door open for Manchester United if they are prepared to match his wage demands.
"Wesley doesn't want to go to Anzhi. I feel that these are just rumours and I don't know where they've come from," said Lerby.
"At this point you should probably ask Anzhi and Guus Hiddink about it. It's the first time I've heard anything about it because Wes is very happy at Inter and has a great relationship with everyone."
Sneijder has enjoyed great success at Inter, winning the treble under Jose Mourinho in 2010, but has consistently been linked with a move away in recent seasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]