United to Compete with Anzhi For Dutch Superstar – Report
By Adrian Back | November 15, 2012 1:48 AM EST
The Premier League side have long been linked with the Holland international and reports in Russia have claimed that United are prepared to make an offer of €20million during the January transfer window.
However, it seems as though Anzhi are also hoping to sign Sneijder and are prepared to use their financial power in order to offer him an increase in wages.
The report in the Russian publication believes that Inter are prepared to offer the midfielder a new contract, but they are not prepared to keep him on the €6million-a-year that he currently earns, making him one of the highest paid players in Italy.
They believe that Sneijder is unhappy with the new proposal from Inter and that has alerted both Manchester United and Anzhi.
Sir Alex Ferguson is a known admirer of the 28-year-old but has always been put off by the wages that he would demand. However, Manchester United are still searching for a successor to Paul Scholes and the hugely talented Dutchman would certainly be able to fill that role.
The midfielders agent, Soren Lerby, has dismissed the idea that he could move to Anzhi, which could possibly leave the door open for Manchester United if they are prepared to match his wage demands.
"Wesley doesn't want to go to Anzhi. I feel that these are just rumours and I don't know where they've come from," said Lerby.
"At this point you should probably ask Anzhi and Guus Hiddink about it. It's the first time I've heard anything about it because Wes is very happy at Inter and has a great relationship with everyone."
Sneijder has enjoyed great success at Inter, winning the treble under Jose Mourinho in 2010, but has consistently been linked with a move away in recent seasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery