‘Sozzled’ Businessman Takes Wrong Escalator on London Underground and Keeps Going [VIDEO]
By Dominic Gover | November 15, 2012 12:29 AM EST
Using escalators when drunk is known to be dangerous, but the only injury this businessman suffered was to his dignity.
A commuter at Tottenham Court Road underground station captured the moment a smartly dressed man continued doggedly to use the escalator - completely ignoring that it was going in the wrong direction.
He even rebuffed other users who tried to put him on the right course, so adamant in his reportedly inebriated state that he was right. One woman tried to literally drag him off the steps, but he shrugged her off and continued his impossible journey.
Another commuter eventually saved him from the embarrassment by hitting the stop button, ending his drunken treadmill routine.
The hapless commuter was described as "a drunk Japanese businessman" by Sam Napper, who captured the entire episode on video.
He said: "After pausing for a few seconds, he turned around and walked out, as if nothing ever happened, saying nothing, leaving us stunned,"Napper told the Daily Mail.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced