Rihanna in Red at Party for GQ's Men of the Year Issue
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 14, 2012 9:54 PM EST
Singer Rihanna first raised the temperature by posing almost nude for the cover of the latest issue of men's magazine GQ and the Barbadian beauty has now caused the mercury to go through the roof by turning up in a sultry red outfit for the 2012 GQ Men of the Year party, at Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.
The 24 year old Caribbean star wore a Calvin Klein dress combined with Manolo Blahnik shoes, Neil Lane earrings and a Kentshire necklace. She added extensions to her cropped hair and slicked it all back behind her ears.
She tweeted her excitement ahead of the event: "Heading to my #GQ cover party #menoftheyear #and1woman".
The Umbrella singer is the first ever woman to be featured on the Men Of The Year issue and posed for the cover wearing only an AllSaints Cropped Escape Biker Jacket and preserved her modesty with her arms strategically positioned across the lower half of her body. On full display, however, was her latest tattoo - of the Egyptian goddess Isis.
The singer already has a number of tattoos spread across her body and was looking yet another marking... this time on her face. However, her tattooist turned down her request.
"The tattoo artist said nope, I'm not gonna do it because if you're looking at your face, it's right there staring at you," she told GQ.
Meanwhile, Rihanna is set for her 777 Tour and has admitted to looking forward to the experience.
"I am so excited about the 777 Tour," Rihanna said in a statement, "We are turning this jumbo jet into our tour bus. We're practically living on this thing for a week: sleeping, partying, all together. Me, my fans, the press...it's going to be a wild ride. I wanted it to be a rock n' roll adventure, and I think when it's over it will be the coolest thing I've ever done. I'm that excited about it."
The locations of the tour are Mexico City (14 November); Toronto (15 November); Stockholm (16 November); Paris (17 November); Berlin (18 November); London (19 November); and New York City (20 November).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates