Install Android 4.1.2 CM10 Final Custom ROM on HTC One S [Tutorial]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 14, 2012 9:44 PM EST
The Jelly Bean operating software (Android 4.1.2) for the HTC One S has been made available for download, as a custom ROM, by CyanogenMod 10 (CM10). This ROM brings the stock Android 4.1.2 experience for One S owners. Interested users looking to update their devices with the new version of Jelly Bean may follow this tutorial.
However, IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Remember this ROM and procedure is compatible only with the HTC One S.
Ensure you have installed appropriate USB drivers for the One S and that USB debugging mode is enabled
Ensure device's battery has a charge of at least 80 percent
Ensure all important data is backed-up
Ensure the One S is factory unlocked and has ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed
To Install CM10 Android 4.1.2 Final ROM on HTC One S
- Download CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM and Google Apps package to computer
- Connect device to computer using USB cable and copy Android 4.1.2 ROM and Google Apps zip files to device's SD card
- Switch device off and enter Bootloader mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons)
- Choose Bootloader and navigate to Recovery
- In CWM Recovery, wipe all data and then scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Now, select Choose Zip from SD card
- Navigate to and choose CM10 ROM file. Tap Yes to confirm installation
- Repeat above step to install Google Apps
- After installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot device by choosing Reboot System Now from recovery menu
CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has now been installed on the HTC One S. This may be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: