Nicole Kidman on Her Marriage with Tom Cruise: ‘I thought our life together was perfect’
By Czarina Malleta | November 14, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were once one of the golden couples in Hollywood. But just when Nicole feels their life was "perfect," Tom walked out.
11 years after their split, Nicole reflects on her past relationship with Tom Cruise and her utter shock when he decided to walk out of their marriage.
"I thought our life together was perfect," the actress told DuJour magazine. She admitted that she was blindsided when Tom decided to end their ten-year marriage.
"It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system," Nicole added. Yet, the Australian actress admitted that they indeed had a happy marriage while it was there.
"We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another," she confessed. "I was reeling with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him.... I was totally smitten - I fell madly, passionately in love."
Nicole also admits that during that time, she was impulsive and naïve. She agreed to marry Tom when she was just 23-year-old and just starting her career in Hollywood.
The 45-year-old actress is married to musician Keith Urban and tells the magazine that she is happier than ever. She has two daughters with Keith and admits that she very much enjoys being a mom.
"I'm living in a friend's house in Nice [to film a biopic of Princess Grace Of Monaco]. My two daughters are with me, Sunday Rose, who's four, and Faith Margaret, who's two. My mother is about to fly in from Australia to babysit. Then Keith will be arriving... My family is with me. My family," Nicole said.
The A-list actress describes her husband as a "wonderful and caring man." She said that as a couple, they try to spend time with each other as much as they can, despite their busy schedules.
"My life changed. He is a wonderful, caring man and he makes me feel secure. We don't ever like to be separated," she ended.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales