Nicole Kidman on Her Marriage with Tom Cruise: ‘I thought our life together was perfect’
By Czarina Malleta | November 14, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were once one of the golden couples in Hollywood. But just when Nicole feels their life was "perfect," Tom walked out.
11 years after their split, Nicole reflects on her past relationship with Tom Cruise and her utter shock when he decided to walk out of their marriage.
"I thought our life together was perfect," the actress told DuJour magazine. She admitted that she was blindsided when Tom decided to end their ten-year marriage.
"It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system," Nicole added. Yet, the Australian actress admitted that they indeed had a happy marriage while it was there.
"We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another," she confessed. "I was reeling with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him.... I was totally smitten - I fell madly, passionately in love."
Nicole also admits that during that time, she was impulsive and naïve. She agreed to marry Tom when she was just 23-year-old and just starting her career in Hollywood.
The 45-year-old actress is married to musician Keith Urban and tells the magazine that she is happier than ever. She has two daughters with Keith and admits that she very much enjoys being a mom.
"I'm living in a friend's house in Nice [to film a biopic of Princess Grace Of Monaco]. My two daughters are with me, Sunday Rose, who's four, and Faith Margaret, who's two. My mother is about to fly in from Australia to babysit. Then Keith will be arriving... My family is with me. My family," Nicole said.
The A-list actress describes her husband as a "wonderful and caring man." She said that as a couple, they try to spend time with each other as much as they can, despite their busy schedules.
"My life changed. He is a wonderful, caring man and he makes me feel secure. We don't ever like to be separated," she ended.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date