Nicole Kidman on Her Marriage with Tom Cruise: ‘I thought our life together was perfect’
By Czarina Malleta | November 14, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were once one of the golden couples in Hollywood. But just when Nicole feels their life was "perfect," Tom walked out.
11 years after their split, Nicole reflects on her past relationship with Tom Cruise and her utter shock when he decided to walk out of their marriage.
"I thought our life together was perfect," the actress told DuJour magazine. She admitted that she was blindsided when Tom decided to end their ten-year marriage.
"It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system," Nicole added. Yet, the Australian actress admitted that they indeed had a happy marriage while it was there.
"We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another," she confessed. "I was reeling with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him.... I was totally smitten - I fell madly, passionately in love."
Nicole also admits that during that time, she was impulsive and naïve. She agreed to marry Tom when she was just 23-year-old and just starting her career in Hollywood.
The 45-year-old actress is married to musician Keith Urban and tells the magazine that she is happier than ever. She has two daughters with Keith and admits that she very much enjoys being a mom.
"I'm living in a friend's house in Nice [to film a biopic of Princess Grace Of Monaco]. My two daughters are with me, Sunday Rose, who's four, and Faith Margaret, who's two. My mother is about to fly in from Australia to babysit. Then Keith will be arriving... My family is with me. My family," Nicole said.
The A-list actress describes her husband as a "wonderful and caring man." She said that as a couple, they try to spend time with each other as much as they can, despite their busy schedules.
"My life changed. He is a wonderful, caring man and he makes me feel secure. We don't ever like to be separated," she ended.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around