Nicole Kidman on Her Marriage with Tom Cruise: ‘I thought our life together was perfect’
By Czarina Malleta | November 14, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were once one of the golden couples in Hollywood. But just when Nicole feels their life was "perfect," Tom walked out.
11 years after their split, Nicole reflects on her past relationship with Tom Cruise and her utter shock when he decided to walk out of their marriage.
"I thought our life together was perfect," the actress told DuJour magazine. She admitted that she was blindsided when Tom decided to end their ten-year marriage.
"It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system," Nicole added. Yet, the Australian actress admitted that they indeed had a happy marriage while it was there.
"We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another," she confessed. "I was reeling with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him.... I was totally smitten - I fell madly, passionately in love."
Nicole also admits that during that time, she was impulsive and naïve. She agreed to marry Tom when she was just 23-year-old and just starting her career in Hollywood.
The 45-year-old actress is married to musician Keith Urban and tells the magazine that she is happier than ever. She has two daughters with Keith and admits that she very much enjoys being a mom.
"I'm living in a friend's house in Nice [to film a biopic of Princess Grace Of Monaco]. My two daughters are with me, Sunday Rose, who's four, and Faith Margaret, who's two. My mother is about to fly in from Australia to babysit. Then Keith will be arriving... My family is with me. My family," Nicole said.
The A-list actress describes her husband as a "wonderful and caring man." She said that as a couple, they try to spend time with each other as much as they can, despite their busy schedules.
"My life changed. He is a wonderful, caring man and he makes me feel secure. We don't ever like to be separated," she ended.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports