Nicole Kidman on Her Marriage with Tom Cruise: ‘I thought our life together was perfect’
By Czarina Malleta | November 14, 2012 2:37 PM EST
Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise were once one of the golden couples in Hollywood. But just when Nicole feels their life was "perfect," Tom walked out.
11 years after their split, Nicole reflects on her past relationship with Tom Cruise and her utter shock when he decided to walk out of their marriage.
"I thought our life together was perfect," the actress told DuJour magazine. She admitted that she was blindsided when Tom decided to end their ten-year marriage.
"It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system," Nicole added. Yet, the Australian actress admitted that they indeed had a happy marriage while it was there.
"We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another," she confessed. "I was reeling with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him.... I was totally smitten - I fell madly, passionately in love."
Nicole also admits that during that time, she was impulsive and naïve. She agreed to marry Tom when she was just 23-year-old and just starting her career in Hollywood.
The 45-year-old actress is married to musician Keith Urban and tells the magazine that she is happier than ever. She has two daughters with Keith and admits that she very much enjoys being a mom.
"I'm living in a friend's house in Nice [to film a biopic of Princess Grace Of Monaco]. My two daughters are with me, Sunday Rose, who's four, and Faith Margaret, who's two. My mother is about to fly in from Australia to babysit. Then Keith will be arriving... My family is with me. My family," Nicole said.
The A-list actress describes her husband as a "wonderful and caring man." She said that as a couple, they try to spend time with each other as much as they can, despite their busy schedules.
"My life changed. He is a wonderful, caring man and he makes me feel secure. We don't ever like to be separated," she ended.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]