Elmo Accuser Recants Underage Sex Story About Kevin Clash; Six-Figure Settlement Reportedly On The Table
By Maria Vultaggio | November 14, 2012 1:32 PM EST
After Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash denied claims that he had a relationship with an underage boy, his accuser has now recanted his story.
The man, who is now 23 years old, has changed his tune and admitted that the relationship he had with the "Sesame Street" star was an “adult consensual relationship,” just as Clash had previously claimed.
The accuser’s identity has not been disclosed.
The young man's attorney said in a statement to E! News, clarifying the type of relationship his client had with 52-year-old Clash:
"This office represented the 23-year-old man who was the subject of many media reports regarding Kevin Clash. He wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship. He will have no further comment on the matter."
Clash, the Emmy-winning Muppet man, said in his own statement: "I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further."
"Sesame Street" also responded to the latest news by posting a statement on their website:
"We are pleased that this matter has been brought to a close, and we are happy that Kevin can move on from this unfortunate episode."
Clash, who is divorced and has a daughter, confirmed Monday that he was gay and did in fact have a sexual relationship with the accuser, but said the other party was of legal age.
When “Sesame Street” executives got wind of the rumors, they used outside investigators to determine if it was false. Clash was granted a leave of absence from the show in the midst of the allegations, according to the New York Times.
The accuser first said that he was 16 when he had a relationship with a 45-year-old Clash.
Attorneys from both sides have been meeting to discuss a financial settlement, and TMZ said a six-figure settlement was on the table.
Clash achieved fame outside of "Sesame Street" from in the 2011 documentary “Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?