Elmo Accuser Recants Underage Sex Story About Kevin Clash; Six-Figure Settlement Reportedly On The Table
By Maria Vultaggio | November 14, 2012 1:32 PM EST
After Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash denied claims that he had a relationship with an underage boy, his accuser has now recanted his story.
The man, who is now 23 years old, has changed his tune and admitted that the relationship he had with the "Sesame Street" star was an “adult consensual relationship,” just as Clash had previously claimed.
The accuser’s identity has not been disclosed.
The young man's attorney said in a statement to E! News, clarifying the type of relationship his client had with 52-year-old Clash:
"This office represented the 23-year-old man who was the subject of many media reports regarding Kevin Clash. He wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship. He will have no further comment on the matter."
Clash, the Emmy-winning Muppet man, said in his own statement: "I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further."
"Sesame Street" also responded to the latest news by posting a statement on their website:
"We are pleased that this matter has been brought to a close, and we are happy that Kevin can move on from this unfortunate episode."
Clash, who is divorced and has a daughter, confirmed Monday that he was gay and did in fact have a sexual relationship with the accuser, but said the other party was of legal age.
When “Sesame Street” executives got wind of the rumors, they used outside investigators to determine if it was false. Clash was granted a leave of absence from the show in the midst of the allegations, according to the New York Times.
The accuser first said that he was 16 when he had a relationship with a 45-year-old Clash.
Attorneys from both sides have been meeting to discuss a financial settlement, and TMZ said a six-figure settlement was on the table.
Clash achieved fame outside of "Sesame Street" from in the 2011 documentary “Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June