Elmo Accuser Recants Underage Sex Story About Kevin Clash; Six-Figure Settlement Reportedly On The Table
By Maria Vultaggio | November 14, 2012 1:32 PM EST
After Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash denied claims that he had a relationship with an underage boy, his accuser has now recanted his story.
The man, who is now 23 years old, has changed his tune and admitted that the relationship he had with the "Sesame Street" star was an “adult consensual relationship,” just as Clash had previously claimed.
The accuser’s identity has not been disclosed.
The young man's attorney said in a statement to E! News, clarifying the type of relationship his client had with 52-year-old Clash:
"This office represented the 23-year-old man who was the subject of many media reports regarding Kevin Clash. He wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship. He will have no further comment on the matter."
Clash, the Emmy-winning Muppet man, said in his own statement: "I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further."
"Sesame Street" also responded to the latest news by posting a statement on their website:
"We are pleased that this matter has been brought to a close, and we are happy that Kevin can move on from this unfortunate episode."
Clash, who is divorced and has a daughter, confirmed Monday that he was gay and did in fact have a sexual relationship with the accuser, but said the other party was of legal age.
When “Sesame Street” executives got wind of the rumors, they used outside investigators to determine if it was false. Clash was granted a leave of absence from the show in the midst of the allegations, according to the New York Times.
The accuser first said that he was 16 when he had a relationship with a 45-year-old Clash.
Attorneys from both sides have been meeting to discuss a financial settlement, and TMZ said a six-figure settlement was on the table.
Clash achieved fame outside of "Sesame Street" from in the 2011 documentary “Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate