Elmo Accuser Recants Underage Sex Story About Kevin Clash; Six-Figure Settlement Reportedly On The Table
By Maria Vultaggio | November 14, 2012 1:32 PM EST
After Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash denied claims that he had a relationship with an underage boy, his accuser has now recanted his story.
The man, who is now 23 years old, has changed his tune and admitted that the relationship he had with the "Sesame Street" star was an “adult consensual relationship,” just as Clash had previously claimed.
The accuser’s identity has not been disclosed.
The young man's attorney said in a statement to E! News, clarifying the type of relationship his client had with 52-year-old Clash:
"This office represented the 23-year-old man who was the subject of many media reports regarding Kevin Clash. He wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship. He will have no further comment on the matter."
Clash, the Emmy-winning Muppet man, said in his own statement: "I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further."
"Sesame Street" also responded to the latest news by posting a statement on their website:
"We are pleased that this matter has been brought to a close, and we are happy that Kevin can move on from this unfortunate episode."
Clash, who is divorced and has a daughter, confirmed Monday that he was gay and did in fact have a sexual relationship with the accuser, but said the other party was of legal age.
When “Sesame Street” executives got wind of the rumors, they used outside investigators to determine if it was false. Clash was granted a leave of absence from the show in the midst of the allegations, according to the New York Times.
The accuser first said that he was 16 when he had a relationship with a 45-year-old Clash.
Attorneys from both sides have been meeting to discuss a financial settlement, and TMZ said a six-figure settlement was on the table.
Clash achieved fame outside of "Sesame Street" from in the 2011 documentary “Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage