Samsung Galaxy S3 Users Not Notified of Android Jelly Bean Update: How to Force Install Jelly Bean OS
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 14, 2012 1:03 PM EST
Galaxy S3 users worldwide are currently receiving Android version 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update but some reported that no notification is popping in their handset, especially the users in India. This may be due to the KIES Update release it patches which result on 1-2 weeks delay in the Updates.
One way of updating your device to the new Android Jelly Bean OS is to forcefully install the software in your device.
In order to force install the official firmware to your Galaxy S3, you need to get the official Jelly bean 4.1.1 update from KIES server. As a form of precaution, you will need to back up your data first just in case. So that you will not lose any data in the process if you selected "allow saving".
Below is a tutorial on how to force install the 4.1.1 version of Android Jelly Bean.
1. Disconnect your S3 from computer.
2. Open Kies and go to (Tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialization).
3. Enter your Galaxy S3 model No. which is "GT-I9300" and click OK.
4. Then Enter your Galaxy S3′s serial number (Settings -> About device -> Serial number), After entering the serial number correctly Click "OK".
5. Connect your device to the Computer and Make sure KIES recongize it.
6. Next windows show firmware version "PDA: LJ5/ PHONE: LJ1/ CSC: LI7 (INU/INS)" For India, then Click on "Update".
7. Now Kies will download the whole Jelly Bean 4.1.1 firmware, Not just the 290 MB update, it will be approximately 800 MB.
8. When showing Caution windows you must switch your phone to recovery mode by restart the mobile by pressing the power button while holding down volume and home button; and then press volume up button to continue.
Although Samsung Galaxy S3 received this version of Jelly Bean, Google already released another version of its popular OS unveiling Androidv4.2 Jelly Bean, which the company described as the new flavor of Jelly Bean. LG Nexus 4 is the first smartphone to sport this latest version.
Google announced Jelly Bean 4.2 through a blog post after an event in New York City on October 29 was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy.
However, according to an article over on SamsMobile, the Android 4.2 update for the Galaxy S3 is almost ready, and according to sources it will be first made available sometime during December.
Although the new Jelly Bean update promises great features, some consumers are left with frustration on the prolonged wait to get the latest Android OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail: