Kat Von D & Deadmau5 On Inked Magazine's Cover Despite Breakup
By Maria Vultaggio | November 14, 2012 8:57 AM EST
Despite their recently split, famed tattoo artist Kat Von D and DJ Deadmau5 were featured in the December issue of Inked magazine, where they showed off their matching tattoos.
In the magazine photos, the two look like they were deeply in love, and Von D heartbreakingly shared her views on love before being deceived by 31-year-old Deadmau5, whose real name is Joel Thomas Zimmerman.
She gushed to the magazine:
"I think I had been living in a state of longing and didn’t even realize it. One thing is to dream and wish for a love — a true and noble one — but it is a very different thing to actually live it, without feeling like you’re trying to make something happen that really isn’t there. I’ve always believed in this kind of real love, but now I don’t see it as an imaginary idea."
The two allegedly split because of Deadmau5’s infidelity. After they broke up he took to his Facebook page Saturday to write:
"going to spend a little while screwing my head back on. i guess im not cut out for relationships right now. and that's all i really wan't to dwell on it right now. ill figure it out. no hard feelings."
He continued: "it happened too fast, i lost my balance and fell into a familiar dark place that im having difficulty with. she deserves someone stronger.
"... and thats it for the personal stuff... on with our regularly scheduled deadmau5 crap."
Von D, whose real name is Katherine von Drachenberg, also took to social media to announce that her romance had foundered.
"Man ... Can't say I didn't give it my best," she said in a tweet after the breakup. "Man, I sure was wrong. But at least he made it a no-brainer to break that off. #lessonlearned. Now, we can get all of the 'I told you so's' outta the way ... And move on."
The 30-year-old then added another post:
"Clarification: Deadmau5 and I are no longer together."
The two had been dating for two months after they met at a party, the Los Angeles Times wrote.
Speaking to Inked before the split, Kat Von D said she had multiple tattoos from previous lovers that she now plans on getting lasered off. Looks like she’ll have to add another to the list.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe