Kat Von D & Deadmau5 On Inked Magazine's Cover Despite Breakup
By Maria Vultaggio | November 14, 2012 8:57 AM EST
Despite their recently split, famed tattoo artist Kat Von D and DJ Deadmau5 were featured in the December issue of Inked magazine, where they showed off their matching tattoos.
In the magazine photos, the two look like they were deeply in love, and Von D heartbreakingly shared her views on love before being deceived by 31-year-old Deadmau5, whose real name is Joel Thomas Zimmerman.
She gushed to the magazine:
"I think I had been living in a state of longing and didn’t even realize it. One thing is to dream and wish for a love — a true and noble one — but it is a very different thing to actually live it, without feeling like you’re trying to make something happen that really isn’t there. I’ve always believed in this kind of real love, but now I don’t see it as an imaginary idea."
The two allegedly split because of Deadmau5’s infidelity. After they broke up he took to his Facebook page Saturday to write:
"going to spend a little while screwing my head back on. i guess im not cut out for relationships right now. and that's all i really wan't to dwell on it right now. ill figure it out. no hard feelings."
He continued: "it happened too fast, i lost my balance and fell into a familiar dark place that im having difficulty with. she deserves someone stronger.
"... and thats it for the personal stuff... on with our regularly scheduled deadmau5 crap."
Von D, whose real name is Katherine von Drachenberg, also took to social media to announce that her romance had foundered.
"Man ... Can't say I didn't give it my best," she said in a tweet after the breakup. "Man, I sure was wrong. But at least he made it a no-brainer to break that off. #lessonlearned. Now, we can get all of the 'I told you so's' outta the way ... And move on."
The 30-year-old then added another post:
"Clarification: Deadmau5 and I are no longer together."
The two had been dating for two months after they met at a party, the Los Angeles Times wrote.
Speaking to Inked before the split, Kat Von D said she had multiple tattoos from previous lovers that she now plans on getting lasered off. Looks like she’ll have to add another to the list.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments