Kat Von D & Deadmau5 On Inked Magazine's Cover Despite Breakup
By Maria Vultaggio | November 14, 2012 8:57 AM EST
Despite their recently split, famed tattoo artist Kat Von D and DJ Deadmau5 were featured in the December issue of Inked magazine, where they showed off their matching tattoos.
In the magazine photos, the two look like they were deeply in love, and Von D heartbreakingly shared her views on love before being deceived by 31-year-old Deadmau5, whose real name is Joel Thomas Zimmerman.
She gushed to the magazine:
"I think I had been living in a state of longing and didn’t even realize it. One thing is to dream and wish for a love — a true and noble one — but it is a very different thing to actually live it, without feeling like you’re trying to make something happen that really isn’t there. I’ve always believed in this kind of real love, but now I don’t see it as an imaginary idea."
The two allegedly split because of Deadmau5’s infidelity. After they broke up he took to his Facebook page Saturday to write:
"going to spend a little while screwing my head back on. i guess im not cut out for relationships right now. and that's all i really wan't to dwell on it right now. ill figure it out. no hard feelings."
He continued: "it happened too fast, i lost my balance and fell into a familiar dark place that im having difficulty with. she deserves someone stronger.
"... and thats it for the personal stuff... on with our regularly scheduled deadmau5 crap."
Von D, whose real name is Katherine von Drachenberg, also took to social media to announce that her romance had foundered.
"Man ... Can't say I didn't give it my best," she said in a tweet after the breakup. "Man, I sure was wrong. But at least he made it a no-brainer to break that off. #lessonlearned. Now, we can get all of the 'I told you so's' outta the way ... And move on."
The 30-year-old then added another post:
"Clarification: Deadmau5 and I are no longer together."
The two had been dating for two months after they met at a party, the Los Angeles Times wrote.
Speaking to Inked before the split, Kat Von D said she had multiple tattoos from previous lovers that she now plans on getting lasered off. Looks like she’ll have to add another to the list.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6