Kat Von D & Deadmau5 On Inked Magazine's Cover Despite Breakup
By Maria Vultaggio | November 14, 2012 8:57 AM EST
Despite their recently split, famed tattoo artist Kat Von D and DJ Deadmau5 were featured in the December issue of Inked magazine, where they showed off their matching tattoos.
In the magazine photos, the two look like they were deeply in love, and Von D heartbreakingly shared her views on love before being deceived by 31-year-old Deadmau5, whose real name is Joel Thomas Zimmerman.
She gushed to the magazine:
"I think I had been living in a state of longing and didn’t even realize it. One thing is to dream and wish for a love — a true and noble one — but it is a very different thing to actually live it, without feeling like you’re trying to make something happen that really isn’t there. I’ve always believed in this kind of real love, but now I don’t see it as an imaginary idea."
The two allegedly split because of Deadmau5’s infidelity. After they broke up he took to his Facebook page Saturday to write:
"going to spend a little while screwing my head back on. i guess im not cut out for relationships right now. and that's all i really wan't to dwell on it right now. ill figure it out. no hard feelings."
He continued: "it happened too fast, i lost my balance and fell into a familiar dark place that im having difficulty with. she deserves someone stronger.
"... and thats it for the personal stuff... on with our regularly scheduled deadmau5 crap."
Von D, whose real name is Katherine von Drachenberg, also took to social media to announce that her romance had foundered.
"Man ... Can't say I didn't give it my best," she said in a tweet after the breakup. "Man, I sure was wrong. But at least he made it a no-brainer to break that off. #lessonlearned. Now, we can get all of the 'I told you so's' outta the way ... And move on."
The 30-year-old then added another post:
"Clarification: Deadmau5 and I are no longer together."
The two had been dating for two months after they met at a party, the Los Angeles Times wrote.
Speaking to Inked before the split, Kat Von D said she had multiple tattoos from previous lovers that she now plans on getting lasered off. Looks like she’ll have to add another to the list.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected