RIM sees BB10 devices available soon after launch
November 14, 2012 7:28 AM EST
Research In Motion is confident that its new BlackBerry 10 devices will be 100 percent ready for the January 30 launch, and available in stores "not too long after" that, Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear said on Tuesday.
"We're working hard right now to make sure all the bits and pieces and all the details are in place for the date, when the devices will be available for consumers and enterprises," Tear told Reuters in an interview with Reuters.
Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM announced the January 30 launch date on Monday. RIM is betting that the new smartphones will help it regain its lost luster and stem market share losses to the likes of Apple Inc's and devices powered by Google's Android operating system.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Janet Guttsman)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy