RIM sees BB10 devices available soon after launch
November 14, 2012 7:28 AM EST
Research In Motion is confident that its new BlackBerry 10 devices will be 100 percent ready for the January 30 launch, and available in stores "not too long after" that, Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear said on Tuesday.
"We're working hard right now to make sure all the bits and pieces and all the details are in place for the date, when the devices will be available for consumers and enterprises," Tear told Reuters in an interview with Reuters.
Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM announced the January 30 launch date on Monday. RIM is betting that the new smartphones will help it regain its lost luster and stem market share losses to the likes of Apple Inc's and devices powered by Google's Android operating system.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Janet Guttsman)
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899