RIM sees BB10 devices available soon after launch
November 14, 2012 7:28 AM EST
Research In Motion is confident that its new BlackBerry 10 devices will be 100 percent ready for the January 30 launch, and available in stores "not too long after" that, Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear said on Tuesday.
"We're working hard right now to make sure all the bits and pieces and all the details are in place for the date, when the devices will be available for consumers and enterprises," Tear told Reuters in an interview with Reuters.
Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM announced the January 30 launch date on Monday. RIM is betting that the new smartphones will help it regain its lost luster and stem market share losses to the likes of Apple Inc's and devices powered by Google's Android operating system.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Janet Guttsman)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More