Dakota Fanning Dishes On Hello Kitty Obsession, Defends 'Breaking Dawn' Pal Kristen Stewart [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 14, 2012 3:45 AM EST
Actress Dakota Fanning has grown up before our eyes since her breakout role in “I Am Sam” as a seven-year-old. But the now 18-year-old “Breaking Dawn – Part II” actress is still holding on to some childhood obsessions.
Fanning, who rocked the red carpet for the new and last “Twilight” movie debuting chestnut brown hair, said she’s still enamored with Hello Kitty merchandise.
"I've got a wallet, I have a card-holder, a phone case -- one of many," Fanning told the UK edition of InStyle magazine. "Anyone who wants to be with me will love Hello Kitty as much as I do, or will appreciate how much I love it, even if they don't love it as much as I do. I've actually got more into it as I've got older. I don't know what that says about me!"
Fanning’s role as a vampire in “Breaking Dawn – Part II” is a departure from her innocent roles in flicks like “The Cat In The Hat” and “The Secret Life of Bees.”
The actress hinted that the ending to the “Twilight” movies will thrill fans of the franchise.
“There’s a sequence in it that will really trip people out. It’s so crazy! They’ll be shocked. But they’ll recover. You’ll see,” a coy Fanning told InStyle.
At 18, Fanning said she’s not ready for a love life at the moment.
“I’m not the kind of girl who really wants boyfriends in my life,” she said. “I’m very black and white in what I feel and I don’t wanna be with someone that I don’t foresee spending a long time with.”
Dakota is friends with fellow “Breaking Dawn” co-star Kristen Stewart, who stirred a media frenzy by cheating on longtime boyfriend and “Twilight” co-star Robert Pattinson with “Snow White And The Huntsman” director Rupert Sanders. Stewart portrayed the fairy tale title character in the film.
Dakota stuck up for Stewart, saying the media overstepped its bounds in covering K-Stew’s private life.
“Well, I just think that media frenzies like that… Everyone thinks they have the right to, you know, publicise the struggles and sadness and heartbreak and all of that,” Fanning told InStyle. “It’s like, ‘Why do you think you are the authority to judge people’s experiences?”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS