Woman Falls From Third Floor in Birmingham Bullring Shopping Centre
By Hannah Osborne | November 14, 2012 3:37 AM EST
A woman has died after falling from a third floor balcony in the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham.
The woman, in her forties, fell from a balcony on the east side of the shopping centre, near Selfridges, around 1.30pm.
Police said the death of the woman, believed to be in her 40s, was not being treated as suspicious.
A statement from The Bullring said: "We can confirm that there was an incident at approximately 1.30pm this afternoon at Bullring.
"Following the incident the East Mall was temporarily evacuated, it has since reopened.
"We are working closely with West Midlands Police and as always our primary concern is for the welfare of our customers."
Following the incident, Selfridges tweeted: "We are deeply saddened by the incident which took place at the Bullring today. Our thoughts are with family and friends concerned."
The shopping centre reopened just over an hour after the woman fell.
In June, a man died after falling from a balcony inside the Bullring shopping centre.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health