Midfielder Promises Positive Arsenal Departure
By Nick Howson | November 14, 2012 3:20 AM EST
Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is planning to leave the club on loan this week but has rubbished suggestions he could leave on a permanent basis.
Frimpong spent part of last season on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers, but suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury having made just five league starts.
Appearances for Arsenal Under-21 side has assisted in his return to full fitness, and after featuring against both Coventry City and Reading in the League Cup, the 20 year old is ready to make a loan move this week.
"Subject to rumours am not leaving afc I am positive of going on loan this week which am really excited about and I am fully commited to afc[sic]," Frimpong wrote on Twitter.
''And am not in my last year or looking to be sold just to clear matters thank you and going on loan to get games and cum back to arsenal.''
Meanwhile, Chuks Aneke's loan spell with Crewe Alexandra has been extended until 17 December.
The 19 year old has scored three goals in 12 games for The Railwaymen this season, after making his Gunners debut last term in the League Cup over Shrewsbury Town and featuring in the club's pre-season tour of Asia.
As the youngster plots his route to the top at The Emirates Stadium, current Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has revealed the secret behind his success at the highest level.
The France international learned his trade in the lower leagues at Guingamp, Tours and Lorient, before switching to Arsenal in 2010.
"There are a lot of players who did not play in academies when they were younger," Koscielny said. "It is better for us because we passed through difficult situations and this makes us stronger now.
"Life is strange. Maybe tomorrow I won't be able to play because I am injured so I live every day at 100 per cent," he said.
"I am happy to be a professional footballer, to play in a big stadium with a big atmosphere against very good players.
"I can't say I am tired, that I don't want to run and want to stay at home. It's not possible. I have a great passion for football and every time I am on the pitch I give 100 per cent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date