Midfielder Promises Positive Arsenal Departure
By Nick Howson | November 14, 2012 3:20 AM EST
Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is planning to leave the club on loan this week but has rubbished suggestions he could leave on a permanent basis.
Frimpong spent part of last season on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers, but suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury having made just five league starts.
Appearances for Arsenal Under-21 side has assisted in his return to full fitness, and after featuring against both Coventry City and Reading in the League Cup, the 20 year old is ready to make a loan move this week.
"Subject to rumours am not leaving afc I am positive of going on loan this week which am really excited about and I am fully commited to afc[sic]," Frimpong wrote on Twitter.
''And am not in my last year or looking to be sold just to clear matters thank you and going on loan to get games and cum back to arsenal.''
Meanwhile, Chuks Aneke's loan spell with Crewe Alexandra has been extended until 17 December.
The 19 year old has scored three goals in 12 games for The Railwaymen this season, after making his Gunners debut last term in the League Cup over Shrewsbury Town and featuring in the club's pre-season tour of Asia.
As the youngster plots his route to the top at The Emirates Stadium, current Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has revealed the secret behind his success at the highest level.
The France international learned his trade in the lower leagues at Guingamp, Tours and Lorient, before switching to Arsenal in 2010.
"There are a lot of players who did not play in academies when they were younger," Koscielny said. "It is better for us because we passed through difficult situations and this makes us stronger now.
"Life is strange. Maybe tomorrow I won't be able to play because I am injured so I live every day at 100 per cent," he said.
"I am happy to be a professional footballer, to play in a big stadium with a big atmosphere against very good players.
"I can't say I am tired, that I don't want to run and want to stay at home. It's not possible. I have a great passion for football and every time I am on the pitch I give 100 per cent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How