Midfielder Promises Positive Arsenal Departure
By Nick Howson | November 14, 2012 3:20 AM EST
Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is planning to leave the club on loan this week but has rubbished suggestions he could leave on a permanent basis.
Frimpong spent part of last season on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers, but suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury having made just five league starts.
Appearances for Arsenal Under-21 side has assisted in his return to full fitness, and after featuring against both Coventry City and Reading in the League Cup, the 20 year old is ready to make a loan move this week.
"Subject to rumours am not leaving afc I am positive of going on loan this week which am really excited about and I am fully commited to afc[sic]," Frimpong wrote on Twitter.
''And am not in my last year or looking to be sold just to clear matters thank you and going on loan to get games and cum back to arsenal.''
Meanwhile, Chuks Aneke's loan spell with Crewe Alexandra has been extended until 17 December.
The 19 year old has scored three goals in 12 games for The Railwaymen this season, after making his Gunners debut last term in the League Cup over Shrewsbury Town and featuring in the club's pre-season tour of Asia.
As the youngster plots his route to the top at The Emirates Stadium, current Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has revealed the secret behind his success at the highest level.
The France international learned his trade in the lower leagues at Guingamp, Tours and Lorient, before switching to Arsenal in 2010.
"There are a lot of players who did not play in academies when they were younger," Koscielny said. "It is better for us because we passed through difficult situations and this makes us stronger now.
"Life is strange. Maybe tomorrow I won't be able to play because I am injured so I live every day at 100 per cent," he said.
"I am happy to be a professional footballer, to play in a big stadium with a big atmosphere against very good players.
"I can't say I am tired, that I don't want to run and want to stay at home. It's not possible. I have a great passion for football and every time I am on the pitch I give 100 per cent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million