Midfielder Promises Positive Arsenal Departure
By Nick Howson | November 14, 2012 3:20 AM EST
Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is planning to leave the club on loan this week but has rubbished suggestions he could leave on a permanent basis.
Frimpong spent part of last season on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers, but suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury having made just five league starts.
Appearances for Arsenal Under-21 side has assisted in his return to full fitness, and after featuring against both Coventry City and Reading in the League Cup, the 20 year old is ready to make a loan move this week.
"Subject to rumours am not leaving afc I am positive of going on loan this week which am really excited about and I am fully commited to afc[sic]," Frimpong wrote on Twitter.
''And am not in my last year or looking to be sold just to clear matters thank you and going on loan to get games and cum back to arsenal.''
Meanwhile, Chuks Aneke's loan spell with Crewe Alexandra has been extended until 17 December.
The 19 year old has scored three goals in 12 games for The Railwaymen this season, after making his Gunners debut last term in the League Cup over Shrewsbury Town and featuring in the club's pre-season tour of Asia.
As the youngster plots his route to the top at The Emirates Stadium, current Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has revealed the secret behind his success at the highest level.
The France international learned his trade in the lower leagues at Guingamp, Tours and Lorient, before switching to Arsenal in 2010.
"There are a lot of players who did not play in academies when they were younger," Koscielny said. "It is better for us because we passed through difficult situations and this makes us stronger now.
"Life is strange. Maybe tomorrow I won't be able to play because I am injured so I live every day at 100 per cent," he said.
"I am happy to be a professional footballer, to play in a big stadium with a big atmosphere against very good players.
"I can't say I am tired, that I don't want to run and want to stay at home. It's not possible. I have a great passion for football and every time I am on the pitch I give 100 per cent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People