Midfielder Promises Positive Arsenal Departure
By Nick Howson | November 14, 2012 3:20 AM EST
Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is planning to leave the club on loan this week but has rubbished suggestions he could leave on a permanent basis.
Frimpong spent part of last season on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers, but suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury having made just five league starts.
Appearances for Arsenal Under-21 side has assisted in his return to full fitness, and after featuring against both Coventry City and Reading in the League Cup, the 20 year old is ready to make a loan move this week.
"Subject to rumours am not leaving afc I am positive of going on loan this week which am really excited about and I am fully commited to afc[sic]," Frimpong wrote on Twitter.
''And am not in my last year or looking to be sold just to clear matters thank you and going on loan to get games and cum back to arsenal.''
Meanwhile, Chuks Aneke's loan spell with Crewe Alexandra has been extended until 17 December.
The 19 year old has scored three goals in 12 games for The Railwaymen this season, after making his Gunners debut last term in the League Cup over Shrewsbury Town and featuring in the club's pre-season tour of Asia.
As the youngster plots his route to the top at The Emirates Stadium, current Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has revealed the secret behind his success at the highest level.
The France international learned his trade in the lower leagues at Guingamp, Tours and Lorient, before switching to Arsenal in 2010.
"There are a lot of players who did not play in academies when they were younger," Koscielny said. "It is better for us because we passed through difficult situations and this makes us stronger now.
"Life is strange. Maybe tomorrow I won't be able to play because I am injured so I live every day at 100 per cent," he said.
"I am happy to be a professional footballer, to play in a big stadium with a big atmosphere against very good players.
"I can't say I am tired, that I don't want to run and want to stay at home. It's not possible. I have a great passion for football and every time I am on the pitch I give 100 per cent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date