Fancy a (mangled) Piece of Manchester United History? Ryan Tunnicliffe Range Rover on Ebay
By Dominic Gover | November 13, 2012 11:25 PM EST
A smashed up Range Rover crashed by Man Utd starlet Ryan Tunnicliffe could reap a windfall in an auction, hopes the seller.
The mangled wreck of the luxury black vehicle is set to be put on Ebay by a buyer who saved it from the scrapyard, in a punt they hope could net up to £10,000 on the auction site.
Tunnicliffe wrote off the stylish wagon, worth around £60,000, in a huge shunt in October, which racked up a £30,000 write off bill.
The powerful Range Rover smashed in to a van and then ploughed into a house with the Old Trafford player behind the wheel. Nineteen-year-old midfielder Tunnicliffe was convicted in court of driving with excess alcohol, after admitting to drinking "a lot" the evening before the crash.
The Manchester Evening News reported the anonymous seller saying: "I am a specialist in Land Rovers and I got a call asking me if I was interested in a damaged 59-plate.
"I recognised whose it was and when I looked at it the damage was not as bad as it looked.
"It does need a lot of work doing to it, but someone could buy it, repair it and make some money on it. If Ryan goes on to become really famous like a Wayne Rooney or David Beckham it could be worth a fortune.
"A few years back one of David Beckham's old cars that was worth nothing went for a lot because it was his."
The Range Rover shall go up for auction on Ebay at 6pm this evening, stated the Manchester Evening News.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People