Balotelli Denies Etihad Exit Rumours
By Naveen Ullal | November 13, 2012 10:04 PM EST
Mario Balotelli's agent has denied reports that the striker will leave Manchester City during the January transfer window, claiming that he has no intention of leaving before his contract ends.
The 22-year-old was dropped from the City squad and was forced to watch from the stands as Roberto Mancini's side secured a 2-1 home win against Tottenham Hotspur thanks to a late winner from Edin Dzeko.
The former Inter Milan striker has fallen down Roberto Mancini's pecking order and is now seemingly viewed as City's fourth choice behind Carlos Tevez. Sergio Aguero and Dzeko, who has continuously made a huge impact from the bench.
"There's no Italy and no plans to go there. He'll work until the end of his contract. He doesn't want to leave There's no player happy with not playing in a game but he accepts it. It's all part of the game. It doesn't mean he wants to leave Manchester," Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola said.
The Italian has been linked with a move to former club Inter Milan, with The Mirror reporting that Manchester City were aware of Inter scouts at the stadium during City's 2-2 Champions League draw against Ajax. Inter's neighbour AC Milan are also reported to be interested in signing the striker in January.
Joe Hart Hails City's Fighting Spirit
Meanwhile, keeper Joe Hart has praised the fighting spirit of City after coming from behind for a fifth successive time during their 2-1 win against Spurs at the weekend.
The England goalkeeper believes the spirit the Premier League champions have displayed in their domestic campaign shows that City still has what it takes to successfully defend their title.
"Yes - and hopefully we will be again, we've got that belief. We're not here for anything other than to win. Our quality and spirit combined make us the team we are. We don't turn up to tick boxes or make people happy, we turn up to win. Our resilience is not a quality we've developed. It's just instilled in people. It's a group of winners - 20 players who play to win and we're lucky with that," Hart said,
"That's the only way you're going to win things because people are snapping at your heels, so you have to win regardless of how you play."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install