Taylor Swift on Bazaar Magazine: ‘I like a man to take control’
By Czarina Malleta | November 13, 2012 3:30 PM EST
After her breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor Swift opens up about what she looks for in a man.
On the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, country singer Taylor Swift shares what she looks for in a man. With a string of broken relationships behind her, Taylor admits that she likes a man who is able to take control of relationships.
Although she is quite accomplished in her music career, not much can be said about her love life. Just coming from a fresh breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor seems to be managing well. The 22-year-old just won three awards at the recent MTV EMA in Frankfurt, Germany.
On her interview with Bazaaar magazine, Taylor said that when a man fails to take the wheel in the relationship, she knows that it is bound to fail. Knowing that she sometimes can intimidate men around her, she said that she needs her partner to step up and help her carry the burdens.
"It needs to be equal. If I feel too much like I'm wearing the pants, I start to feel uncomfortable and then we break up," Taylor said.
"Relationships are the ultimate collaboration but it's wonderful to hand over the reins to your boyfriend when you control so much of these big, high-pressure decisions, you know? That is a huge defining factor in who you choose to be with," the country singer added.
Taylor have had failed relationship with Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal and a rumored fling with John Mayer. Admitting that she writes about her heartbreaks and transforms it into songs, it was rumored that her "Dear John" track was aimed towards John Mayer himself.
"Some combinations of people are toxic, you know? You have to find the right one that isn't just going to explode into fiery ash and destruction," Taylor said. "Despite all of that and how unpleasant it is, as a writer you get a lot from it. It's a crazy justification system. You know that guy you really wish you could erase from your memory? But then the answer is track six, eight, 12, and 13."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers