Taylor Swift on Bazaar Magazine: ‘I like a man to take control’
By Czarina Malleta | November 13, 2012 3:30 PM EST
After her breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor Swift opens up about what she looks for in a man.
On the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, country singer Taylor Swift shares what she looks for in a man. With a string of broken relationships behind her, Taylor admits that she likes a man who is able to take control of relationships.
Although she is quite accomplished in her music career, not much can be said about her love life. Just coming from a fresh breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor seems to be managing well. The 22-year-old just won three awards at the recent MTV EMA in Frankfurt, Germany.
On her interview with Bazaaar magazine, Taylor said that when a man fails to take the wheel in the relationship, she knows that it is bound to fail. Knowing that she sometimes can intimidate men around her, she said that she needs her partner to step up and help her carry the burdens.
"It needs to be equal. If I feel too much like I'm wearing the pants, I start to feel uncomfortable and then we break up," Taylor said.
"Relationships are the ultimate collaboration but it's wonderful to hand over the reins to your boyfriend when you control so much of these big, high-pressure decisions, you know? That is a huge defining factor in who you choose to be with," the country singer added.
Taylor have had failed relationship with Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal and a rumored fling with John Mayer. Admitting that she writes about her heartbreaks and transforms it into songs, it was rumored that her "Dear John" track was aimed towards John Mayer himself.
"Some combinations of people are toxic, you know? You have to find the right one that isn't just going to explode into fiery ash and destruction," Taylor said. "Despite all of that and how unpleasant it is, as a writer you get a lot from it. It's a crazy justification system. You know that guy you really wish you could erase from your memory? But then the answer is track six, eight, 12, and 13."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown