Taylor Swift on Bazaar Magazine: ‘I like a man to take control’
By Czarina Malleta | November 13, 2012 3:30 PM EST
After her breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor Swift opens up about what she looks for in a man.
On the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, country singer Taylor Swift shares what she looks for in a man. With a string of broken relationships behind her, Taylor admits that she likes a man who is able to take control of relationships.
Although she is quite accomplished in her music career, not much can be said about her love life. Just coming from a fresh breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor seems to be managing well. The 22-year-old just won three awards at the recent MTV EMA in Frankfurt, Germany.
On her interview with Bazaaar magazine, Taylor said that when a man fails to take the wheel in the relationship, she knows that it is bound to fail. Knowing that she sometimes can intimidate men around her, she said that she needs her partner to step up and help her carry the burdens.
"It needs to be equal. If I feel too much like I'm wearing the pants, I start to feel uncomfortable and then we break up," Taylor said.
"Relationships are the ultimate collaboration but it's wonderful to hand over the reins to your boyfriend when you control so much of these big, high-pressure decisions, you know? That is a huge defining factor in who you choose to be with," the country singer added.
Taylor have had failed relationship with Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal and a rumored fling with John Mayer. Admitting that she writes about her heartbreaks and transforms it into songs, it was rumored that her "Dear John" track was aimed towards John Mayer himself.
"Some combinations of people are toxic, you know? You have to find the right one that isn't just going to explode into fiery ash and destruction," Taylor said. "Despite all of that and how unpleasant it is, as a writer you get a lot from it. It's a crazy justification system. You know that guy you really wish you could erase from your memory? But then the answer is track six, eight, 12, and 13."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS