Taylor Swift on Bazaar Magazine: ‘I like a man to take control’
By Czarina Malleta | November 13, 2012 3:30 PM EST
After her breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor Swift opens up about what she looks for in a man.
On the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, country singer Taylor Swift shares what she looks for in a man. With a string of broken relationships behind her, Taylor admits that she likes a man who is able to take control of relationships.
Although she is quite accomplished in her music career, not much can be said about her love life. Just coming from a fresh breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor seems to be managing well. The 22-year-old just won three awards at the recent MTV EMA in Frankfurt, Germany.
On her interview with Bazaaar magazine, Taylor said that when a man fails to take the wheel in the relationship, she knows that it is bound to fail. Knowing that she sometimes can intimidate men around her, she said that she needs her partner to step up and help her carry the burdens.
"It needs to be equal. If I feel too much like I'm wearing the pants, I start to feel uncomfortable and then we break up," Taylor said.
"Relationships are the ultimate collaboration but it's wonderful to hand over the reins to your boyfriend when you control so much of these big, high-pressure decisions, you know? That is a huge defining factor in who you choose to be with," the country singer added.
Taylor have had failed relationship with Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal and a rumored fling with John Mayer. Admitting that she writes about her heartbreaks and transforms it into songs, it was rumored that her "Dear John" track was aimed towards John Mayer himself.
"Some combinations of people are toxic, you know? You have to find the right one that isn't just going to explode into fiery ash and destruction," Taylor said. "Despite all of that and how unpleasant it is, as a writer you get a lot from it. It's a crazy justification system. You know that guy you really wish you could erase from your memory? But then the answer is track six, eight, 12, and 13."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch