Taylor Swift on Bazaar Magazine: ‘I like a man to take control’
By Czarina Malleta | November 13, 2012 3:30 PM EST
After her breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor Swift opens up about what she looks for in a man.
On the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, country singer Taylor Swift shares what she looks for in a man. With a string of broken relationships behind her, Taylor admits that she likes a man who is able to take control of relationships.
Although she is quite accomplished in her music career, not much can be said about her love life. Just coming from a fresh breakup with Connor Kennedy, Taylor seems to be managing well. The 22-year-old just won three awards at the recent MTV EMA in Frankfurt, Germany.
On her interview with Bazaaar magazine, Taylor said that when a man fails to take the wheel in the relationship, she knows that it is bound to fail. Knowing that she sometimes can intimidate men around her, she said that she needs her partner to step up and help her carry the burdens.
"It needs to be equal. If I feel too much like I'm wearing the pants, I start to feel uncomfortable and then we break up," Taylor said.
"Relationships are the ultimate collaboration but it's wonderful to hand over the reins to your boyfriend when you control so much of these big, high-pressure decisions, you know? That is a huge defining factor in who you choose to be with," the country singer added.
Taylor have had failed relationship with Taylor Lautner, Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal and a rumored fling with John Mayer. Admitting that she writes about her heartbreaks and transforms it into songs, it was rumored that her "Dear John" track was aimed towards John Mayer himself.
"Some combinations of people are toxic, you know? You have to find the right one that isn't just going to explode into fiery ash and destruction," Taylor said. "Despite all of that and how unpleasant it is, as a writer you get a lot from it. It's a crazy justification system. You know that guy you really wish you could erase from your memory? But then the answer is track six, eight, 12, and 13."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools