Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Update: 5 Reasons Why You Should Wait
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 13, 2012 2:54 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 currently has an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, but with the release of a newer version of the Google's mobile OS, many consumers are frustrated with the prolonged agony of waiting for another Jelly Bean update for the device.
Samsung recently announced via Twitter that it had sold more than 30 million units of the Samsung Galaxy S3 since they released the handset just 5 months ago. This news has meant that the Galaxy S3 is one of the best-selling devices in the world.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was released with Android Ice Cream Sandwich in boot. More recently, Galaxy S3 received Jelly Bean update in certain regions. However, as Google set to release newer version of the latest OS; an update to the Galaxy S3 will be coming soon again.
According to an article over on SamsMobile, the Android 4.2 update for the Galaxy S3 is almost ready, and according to sources it will be first made available sometime during December.
Although the new Jelly Bean update promises great features, some consumers are left with frustration on the prolonged wait to get the latest Android OS.
Google was expected to announce Jelly Bean 4.2 at an event in New York City on October 29. However, the event was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. The new version was announced with a press release instead of rescheduling the live event, under the slogan "A new flavor of Jelly Bean". LG's Nexus 4 and Samsung's Nexus 10 are the first devices that will run with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which will be released on tomorrow.
The release of Nexus 4 smartphone in the market with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean earlier this month made all the other leading Android smartphones from other manufacturers looks outdated. Android's latest version comes with many fantastic features such as 360 degree panorama mode and gesture keyboard.
There is no official word yet from Samsung as to when it will roll out the update. For the meantime, you can enjoy the Jelly Bean update in your devices.
Below are some of the reasons why you should wait for the update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy