HTC Droid DNA vs Apple iPhone 5 vs Samsung ATIV S: A New Challenger Enters the Smartphone Wars
By Vittorio Hernandez | November 13, 2012 1:59 PM EST
With the speculated roll out of HTC Droid DNA, 5-inch devices such as Samsung's Galaxy Note II face a challenge in the marketplace. All eyes are in New York City if HTC and Verizon will confirm leaks of the Droid DNA, reportedly bearing some similarity to the HTC J Butterfly model announced in Japan several weeks ago.
Another hint to the HTC Droid DNA is from Verizon's Webpage under its News & Offers section which talks about a Droid DNA Unboxing slated to happen on Nov 19, although it is a different event from the joint press event in NYC scheduled by Verizon and HTC.
HTC is well known for Android- and Windows-operated mobile devices made of premium quality materials plus Beats Audio Technology. Until the official launching, here are the speculated specs of HTC Droid DNA compared with iPhone 5 and Samsung's ATIV S powered by Windows Phone.
HTC Droid DNA: 5 inches screen display
iPhone 5: 4 inches screen display
Samsung ATIV S: 4.8 inches screen display
The Droid DNA surely has larger size compared to iPhone 5 and ATIV S but the resolution, which measures the crisp and quality of the display, is still unclear.
HTC Droid DNA: Android 4.1 or JellyBean
iPhone 5: iOS 6
ATIV S: Windows Phone 8
All of these operating systems are recent and offers new features. But iOS6 and Windows Phone 8 have been just released later than Android 4.1. The application will be its upper hand if most of it is compatible with the Droid DNA.
Droid DNA: 1.5GHz Quad-core Snapdragon
iPhone 5: 1.2GHz Dual-core Apple chipset
ATIV S: 1.5GHz Dual-core Snapdragon
Droid DNA is really fast if the speculations are correct. If the RAM is equally higher, this Android device will handle more tasks without the lag worries. For gaming, 1.5GHz quad-core could mean a lot.
Droid DNA: 1.5GB of RAM
iPhone 5: 1GB of RAM
ATIV S: 1GB of RAM
More RAM means more task it can handle, cope up with the screen interface, transitional effects, and other visual requirements. The Droid DNA has been speculated with this much RAM.
Droid DNA: 12MP rear sensor type/2MP front camera
iPhone 5: 8MP iSight camera/1.2MP FaceTime front camera
ATIV S: 8MP autofocus LED flash/1.9MP VT front camera
By megapixel Droid DNA has the higher digit, but the question is would its lens better than the other two? The launch will hopefully provide the answer.
HTC just inked a 10-year patent cross-licensing agreement with Apple which just ended all outstanding patent court cases between the two tech companies. Reports said that HTC will pay Apple between $6 and $8 for every Android smartphone that HTC would sell.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build