HTC Droid DNA vs Apple iPhone 5 vs Samsung ATIV S: A New Challenger Enters the Smartphone Wars
By Vittorio Hernandez | November 13, 2012 1:59 PM EST
With the speculated roll out of HTC Droid DNA, 5-inch devices such as Samsung's Galaxy Note II face a challenge in the marketplace. All eyes are in New York City if HTC and Verizon will confirm leaks of the Droid DNA, reportedly bearing some similarity to the HTC J Butterfly model announced in Japan several weeks ago.
Another hint to the HTC Droid DNA is from Verizon's Webpage under its News & Offers section which talks about a Droid DNA Unboxing slated to happen on Nov 19, although it is a different event from the joint press event in NYC scheduled by Verizon and HTC.
HTC is well known for Android- and Windows-operated mobile devices made of premium quality materials plus Beats Audio Technology. Until the official launching, here are the speculated specs of HTC Droid DNA compared with iPhone 5 and Samsung's ATIV S powered by Windows Phone.
HTC Droid DNA: 5 inches screen display
iPhone 5: 4 inches screen display
Samsung ATIV S: 4.8 inches screen display
The Droid DNA surely has larger size compared to iPhone 5 and ATIV S but the resolution, which measures the crisp and quality of the display, is still unclear.
HTC Droid DNA: Android 4.1 or JellyBean
iPhone 5: iOS 6
ATIV S: Windows Phone 8
All of these operating systems are recent and offers new features. But iOS6 and Windows Phone 8 have been just released later than Android 4.1. The application will be its upper hand if most of it is compatible with the Droid DNA.
Droid DNA: 1.5GHz Quad-core Snapdragon
iPhone 5: 1.2GHz Dual-core Apple chipset
ATIV S: 1.5GHz Dual-core Snapdragon
Droid DNA is really fast if the speculations are correct. If the RAM is equally higher, this Android device will handle more tasks without the lag worries. For gaming, 1.5GHz quad-core could mean a lot.
Droid DNA: 1.5GB of RAM
iPhone 5: 1GB of RAM
ATIV S: 1GB of RAM
More RAM means more task it can handle, cope up with the screen interface, transitional effects, and other visual requirements. The Droid DNA has been speculated with this much RAM.
Droid DNA: 12MP rear sensor type/2MP front camera
iPhone 5: 8MP iSight camera/1.2MP FaceTime front camera
ATIV S: 8MP autofocus LED flash/1.9MP VT front camera
By megapixel Droid DNA has the higher digit, but the question is would its lens better than the other two? The launch will hopefully provide the answer.
HTC just inked a 10-year patent cross-licensing agreement with Apple which just ended all outstanding patent court cases between the two tech companies. Reports said that HTC will pay Apple between $6 and $8 for every Android smartphone that HTC would sell.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide