Manchester United Transfer News: Lewandowski, Rodriguez, Wanyama and Henriquez Discussed in Latest Speculation
By Jason Le Miere | November 13, 2012 1:09 PM EST
Manchester United have again been linked with a move for Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski. The latest report of United’s interest comes from the Daily Mirror on the back of claims that talks over a new contract for the Poland international have stalled.
Lewandowski’s current deal with the Bundesliga champions is set to expire in the summer of 2014 and he has previously suggested that he would consider a move. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is thought to have been keen on the 24-year-old in the summer before securing a deal for Robin van Persie.
If Lewandowski fails to sign a new contract then Dortmund may well decide to cash in on him next summer to avoid losing him for nothing the following year.
“We will sit down and discuss what to do next if Robert does not extend his contract,” said Dortmund chief executive Aki Watzke, according to the Mirror.
Another player long-linked to Manchester United is back in the news with the Daily Mirror also reporting that the Premier League leaders have again watched Porto winger James Rodriguez. The report states that United scouts were in attendance during Porto’s 2-1 league victory over Academica on Sunday, making it seven times that the Colombia international has been scouted by United.
Rodriguez has scored six goals in seven league starts this campaign and is reported to have a buyout clause of £24million. The 21-year-old is seen as a potential replacement for the unsettled Nani.
Manchester United are also thought to be keen to bring in a dynamic midfielder, with Celtic’s Victor Wanyama said to be high on the list of targets.
The Daily Mail claims that United’s chief scout was in attendance for Celtic’s shock Champions League victory over Barcelona last week when Wanyama headed the opening goal. United have now stepped up their interest in the Kenyan 21-year-old, according to the Mail.
Several Premier League clubs are believed to be ready to bid £12 million for Wanyama in January with United considering whether to make an offer.
There has also been news of a temporary exit for a player that only arrived at Old Trafford in August. Angelo Henriquez, 18, could be sent out on loan to a Championship club for the rest of the season, according to the Sunday People.
Henriquez joined the club from Universidad de Chile having impressed in his limited appearances for the club as well as with his country’s youth teams. But with a host of striker currently ahead of Henriquez in the Old Trafford pecking order, Ferguson may send him out in order to gain experience of first-team soccer in Europe.
Henriquez has just been called up to the full Chile squad for their friendly with Serbia, as a replacement for experienced front man Humberto Suazo.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists