Five Dead In Toledo Garage; No Accident, Say Police
By Charles Poladian | November 13, 2012 12:52 PM EST
Firefighters discovered five members of a family dead inside a Toledo, Ohio, garage Monday. Police believe the cause of death was due to carbon monoxide poisoning -- and not accidental.
Police discovered the victims inside the garage around 3:15 p.m., reports The Associated Press. According to Joe Heffernan of the Toledo police department, the police responded to a call from a relative who was worried after not hearing from the family.
Dr. James Patrick, the Lucas County coroner, said the victims are be a 56-year-old woman, a 32-year-old man, a 10-year-old girl, a 5-year old girl and a 7-year old boy, reports the Toledo Blade. The woman was the grandmother to the three children, and the man was their uncle. No names were given.
No motive has been determined, although the police believe the deaths were not accidental. The police also did not disclose how they came to that conclusion, notes the Toledo Blade. The police are currently examining the garage for clues.
There have been no further details released at this time. According to WNWO, police have not disclosed if the house had a working carbon monoxide detector.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase