Five Dead In Toledo Garage; No Accident, Say Police
By Charles Poladian | November 13, 2012 12:52 PM EST
Firefighters discovered five members of a family dead inside a Toledo, Ohio, garage Monday. Police believe the cause of death was due to carbon monoxide poisoning -- and not accidental.
Police discovered the victims inside the garage around 3:15 p.m., reports The Associated Press. According to Joe Heffernan of the Toledo police department, the police responded to a call from a relative who was worried after not hearing from the family.
Dr. James Patrick, the Lucas County coroner, said the victims are be a 56-year-old woman, a 32-year-old man, a 10-year-old girl, a 5-year old girl and a 7-year old boy, reports the Toledo Blade. The woman was the grandmother to the three children, and the man was their uncle. No names were given.
No motive has been determined, although the police believe the deaths were not accidental. The police also did not disclose how they came to that conclusion, notes the Toledo Blade. The police are currently examining the garage for clues.
There have been no further details released at this time. According to WNWO, police have not disclosed if the house had a working carbon monoxide detector.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate