Five Dead In Toledo Garage; No Accident, Say Police
By Charles Poladian | November 13, 2012 12:52 PM EST
Firefighters discovered five members of a family dead inside a Toledo, Ohio, garage Monday. Police believe the cause of death was due to carbon monoxide poisoning -- and not accidental.
Police discovered the victims inside the garage around 3:15 p.m., reports The Associated Press. According to Joe Heffernan of the Toledo police department, the police responded to a call from a relative who was worried after not hearing from the family.
Dr. James Patrick, the Lucas County coroner, said the victims are be a 56-year-old woman, a 32-year-old man, a 10-year-old girl, a 5-year old girl and a 7-year old boy, reports the Toledo Blade. The woman was the grandmother to the three children, and the man was their uncle. No names were given.
No motive has been determined, although the police believe the deaths were not accidental. The police also did not disclose how they came to that conclusion, notes the Toledo Blade. The police are currently examining the garage for clues.
There have been no further details released at this time. According to WNWO, police have not disclosed if the house had a working carbon monoxide detector.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS