House panel to issue MF Global report on Thursday
November 13, 2012 10:00 AM EST
A House of Representatives panel on Thursday will release a long-awaited report that will dissect the collapse of failed commodities brokerage MF Global, the committee said on Monday.
The House Financial Services Committee said its Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations will post the report online at 9:30 a.m. Thursday.
MF Global, which was led by former New Jersey governor and U.S. Senate Democrat Jon Corzine, filed for bankruptcy more than one year ago and left an estimated $1.6 billion in customer funds missing.
Since then, regulators, prosecutors and lawmakers have investigated the missing funds and the firm's downfall, which came as investors fled after revelations the firm made heavy bets on European sovereign debt and after ensuing credit downgrades.
A trustee liquidating the company's broker-dealer unit issued a blistering 275-page report in June that described how Corzine failed to address the company's growing liquidity needs as he tried to build the commodities broker into a global investment powerhouse.
Representative Randy Neugebauer, a Texas Republican who chairs the oversight subcommittee, has said the report will focus on the regulatory and compliance failures that led to MF Global's collapse.
His subcommittee, as well as other panels in the U.S. House and Senate, have held hearings on MF Global's collapse at which Corzine and other high-profile executives gave their account of events.
Regulators and prosecutors are still investigating the company and have called in former executives for additional interviews in the past two months.
So far, no charges have been filed against any individuals involved.
(Reporting By Aruna Viswanatha; Editing by Leslie Adler)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans