Kirstie Alley Shows Off Slim Figure At Book Signing
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 13, 2012 9:39 AM EST
Actress Kirstie Alley has maintained a 100-pound weight loss for a year since her time on “Dancing with the Stars,” and showed off her slim new figure at a book signing Sunday, according to the Huffington Post.
Alley dressed her diminished curves in a form-fitting black mini skirt and leather jacket at the promotional event for her new book, "The Art of Men (I Prefer Mine al Dente)," at a Barnes & Noble in Los Angeles.
The Post reports that Alley’s book is filled with “jaw-dropping confessions” that have had her in the news recently, including her attractions to former co-stars Patrick Swayze and John Travolta. But her weight loss has not gone unnoticed.
Alley is known for her weight struggles. In 2005, she starred in the show “Fat Actress,” playing a caricature of herself as an overweight Hollywood actress.
While competing in the all-star season of “Dancing with the Stars” in 2011, Alley’s “grueling” seven-day-a-week practices with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy helped her lose weight, according to the Daily Mail. The actress faced rumors she had weight loss surgery and suffered from bulimia, which she denied on Twitter in September 2011.
She has also faced legal issues surrounding her weight loss. In July, Alley as well as the company with which she developed her weight loss program, Organic Liaison, was served with a class-action lawsuit. The plaintiff alleged that Alley lost 100 pounds by dancing it off on “Dancing with the Stars,” and not with the Organic Liaison program.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block