Obama Takes Credit For Campaign Workers' Engagement [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 13, 2012 8:50 AM EST
President Barack Obama has been caught on film congratulating two of his campaign workers on their engagement.
While the incident took place in August, when the president visited a campaign office, the affianced Sara El-Amine posted the video on YouTube Saturday, the Huffington Post reports. It has received more than 23,000 views
The video shows El-Amine, a campaign worker, meeting Obama. She tells him that she just got engaged a day prior to someone who also worked at the office.
"So I'm responsible?" the president asked.
El-Amine called her fiancé, Matthew Saniie over, and Obama posed for a photo with the couple before encouraging Saniie to tell the story of how he proposed.
Saniie said he popped the question just before the couple were to be apart for three months due to their campaign duties.
The story was filled with laughs and applause from onlookers and the Obama even did the hand movement from the music video for Beyonce’s hit single, “Single Ladies,” as he listened.
El-Amine added that she said, “you put a ring on it,” after accepting Saniie’s proposal.
Obama advised the office staff that since the average wedding costs $26,000, they should not be offended if they are not all invited.
"I don't expect to be invited; let them save some money," the president said.
The Huffington Post notes that El-Amine and Saniie are not the only ones to have the 2012 election impede a relationship milestone. The president and first lady Michelle Obama’s 20th anniversary fell on Oct. 3, the same night as the first 2012 presidential debate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales