China Vs. Google NASDAQ:GOOG
By Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. | November 13, 2012 8:58 AM EST
Google Inc.’s Transparency Report showed a sharp drop in traffic from China.
The cause is not known, but it could be that the central government does not want its own people to track the changing of the guard among its top leaders.
There has been friction among these leaders about how much power each will have once the changeover is done.
Oddly, traffic did pick up more recently, according to Bloomberg. China continues to be Google’s Achilles heel.
China is the largest internet market in the world. Google has suffered from hacking and traffic blocks there, and it is a distant 2nd to local search company Baidu Inc. NASDAQ: BIDU in terms of market share.
The Chinese government seems set on keeping Google well behind its local favorite. With the roadblock in China, there are few places Google can turn outside the largest developed nations and parts of South America.
Russia has a dominant search engine Yandex. And India has its own Rediff. Google’s problems in China may be its most immediate ones among developed nations, but its problems in these regions are much greater than that.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. writes and publishes The Red Roadmaster’s Technical Report on the US Major Market Indices, a weekly, highly-regarded financial market letter, read by opinion makers, business leaders and organizations around the world.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr has studied the global financial and stock markets since 1984, following a successful business career that included investment banking, and market and business analysis. He is a specialist in equities/commodities, and an accomplished chart reader who advises technicians with regard to Major Indices Resistance/Support Levels.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble