Verizon Wireless plans to pay $8.5 billion to its parents
November 13, 2012 8:28 AM EST
Verizon Wireless said on Monday that its board agreed to pay distributions of $8.5 billion to its parents Verizon Communications
The company, which is 55 percent owned by Verizon and 45 percent owned by Vodafone, said the distributions would be paid in one or more tranches, with each tranche paid in proportion to the owners' partnership interests.
The dividends are due to be paid on or before December 31, Verizon Wireless said.
(Reporting By Sinead Carew; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe