Ashley Greene Worried Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Could 'Taint' 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2'
By Justine Ashley Costanza | November 13, 2012 7:38 AM EST
Since news of the Kristen Stewart cheating scandal broke in July, many wondered whether the incident would damage the "Twilight" franchise. Now Ashley Greene, who plays the role of Alice Cullen, vampire sister to Pattinson's Edward Cullen, is expressing her own concern that the off-screen soap opera involving Stewart and on-again boyfriend Robert Pattinson may negatively affect the release of "Breaking Dawn: Part 2," which opens nationally on Friday with a premiere in Los Angeles Monday.
In a new interview with Seventeen, the actress addresses the constant attention surrounding Pattinson and Stewart's relationship.
"Hopefully, it won’t taint it and people will still be able to enjoy the movie," Green said. "I think a lot of people see us as our characters; I really want them to still be able to do that."
Despite Greene's concern, anticipation for the film doesn't appear to have dwindled. Fans are eagerly awaiting the film's release of "Breaking Dawn: Part 2."
As the Los Angeles Times reports, thousands of Twi-hards have been camped out for days in tents filled with memorabilia from the $2.5 billion saga, as they await the film's Monday premiere at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, Calif.
The premiere marks Stewart and Patinson's first red carpet appearance together since the Teen Choice Awards in July.
Last month, the film earned $1.17 million during the first day pre-sale tickets became available. "Breaking Dawn: Part 2" is expected to easily top the box office this weekend and could possibly rank among the highest grossing films of all time.
So far the film's promotional tour has been been scandal free. Both Stewart and Pattinson have dodged questions about their personal lives.
In an interview with the Today show, Pattinson laughed off the question of whether or not he and Stewart were back together.
“I want to ask, because we get asked it all the time. Who is actually asking? Is it in your contract?” he joked.
Stewart doesn't seem to be letting negative attention get to her. The actress told OK! magazine that she has made an effort not to be concerned with how the public views her.
“This is going to sound so completely and utterly basic, but as soon as you start living your life, if you’re considering other people’s opinions about your life, that they really know nothing about, you are going to live a very disjointed, really unsatisfying, awful existence,” Stewart said. “You should probably be a bit more concerned about how you feel about yourself.
“It sounds completely cliche, but it’s true, so you probably shouldn’t think about it.”
During a Today show appearance last week, the 22-year-old chose not to address the status of her relationship with Pattinson.
“I’m just going to let people watch whatever little movie they would like to think our lives are," she said, "Keep them guessing I always say."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28