NBA Suspends DeMarcus Cousins for Two Games
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 13, 2012 5:53 AM EST
The NBA suspended Sacramento Kings big man DeMarcus Cousin on Sunday for his hostile confrontation with San Antonio Spurs color commentator Sean Elliot.
The incident took place on Friday in a Kings loss to the Spurs. Cousins will lose about $70,500 of his $3.9 million salary for the altercation.
Cousins reportedly was involved in an on-court verbal exchange with Spurs center Tim Duncan. During the game, Elliot stood up for Duncan and in the process offered some rather harsh words for Cousins on-air.
When Cousins learned of this, he angrily approached Elliot following the game, according to the New York Post. While Elliot tried to avoid the confrontation, Cousins reportedly continued to pursue it.
This is not the first time Cousins has been involved in an off-court incident. He has clashed with Kings teammates and had a reputation for a bad temper while at the University of Kentucky.
Cousins missed the Sunday's game against the Lakers and will be out against the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles