Rapper/Producer Swizz Beatz Owes IRS $2.6 Mil
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 13, 2012 5:42 AM EST
Rapper and hip-hop producer Swizz Beatz is in millions of dollars worth of trouble with the IRS.
TMZ reports that the 34-year-old entertainer, whose real name is Kasssem Dean, owes the federal government $2.6 million in unpaid taxes.
The news source suggests that Beatz is living his own lyrics, "You ain't getting none from me or my bank."
Beatz is no stranger to tax issues; New York State filed a lien against him in 2010 for $98,246.18 in unpaid state taxes.
SOHH also noted that he has had tax liens against him filed with the New York County Clerk, the Rockland County (N.Y.) Clerk, and the Somerset County (N.J.) Clerk. In conjunction with his ex-wife, R&B singer Mashonda, Beatz reportedly owes taxes as far back as 2006.
There has been no word from Beatz, but sources suggest that the Grammy winner is not wanting for money.
He and wife, Alicia Keys, are in the process of signing a $12 million agreement to buy Eddie Murphy’s Englewood, Calif., mansion, the Daily Mail reported. The couple has placed their New York home on the market for about $17.95 million.
In addition, Forbes named the producer the 16th highest paid person in hip-hop in September, for having earned $7 million over the last year.
Beatz has produced for several famous names such as Beyonce, Chris Brown, Dr. Dre, DMX, and Kanye West.
He started his own record label, Full Surface, when he was 23.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM