Jeff Gordon Fight With Clint Bowyer Currently Under NASCAR Investigation [VIDEO]
November 13, 2012 2:50 AM EST
Jeff Gordon and Clint Bowyer are currently under investigation by NASCAR after an incident that took place during Sunday’s race at Phoenix International Raceway.
It all started when Jeff Gordon, the driver for the #24 DuPont Chevrolet Impala, held up to Bowyer in an effort to wreck him.
After exiting his vehicle on pit road, Gordon clashed with members of Bowyer’s team. Bowyer followed suite by sprinting to the garage to take on members of Gordon's crew at the No. 24 hauler.
Bowyer, the driver for the #15 Toyota Camry, told ESPN it was "pretty embarrassing for a four-time champion and what I consider one of the best this sport's ever seen ... to act like that is just completely ridiculous."
Gordon told reporters that his response was an accumulation of frustration from incidents throughout the year, beginning when Bowyer wrecked him and teammate Jimmie Johnson at Martinsville.
"Clint has run into me numerous times, wrecked me, and he got into me on the back straightaway and pretty much ruined our day," Gordon said. "I've had it, fed up with it, and I got him back."
While officials met with Gordon, Bowyer and others in the NASCAR hauler after the race to discuss what happened, they said it's too early to predict whether drivers or crew members will be suspended for being involved in the fight.
"There's a lot of things to shift through on and off the racetrack," vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said after meeting with drivers and crew members from both teams. "We'll continue to talk and work things out amongst the teams. We'll continue to try to get everybody back calmed down and get it back to a good working situation for everybody."
Pemberton was vague on potential penalties that were likely to follow Sunday’s incident.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan