US To Produce More Oil Than Saudi Arabia By 2020 - IEA
November 13, 2012 2:52 AM EST
A revolution in extracting petroleum from shale by hydraulic fracturing means that in just five years the United States will produce more crude oil than both Saudi Arabia and Russia, the International Energy Agency said Monday.
Further, by 2020 the U.S. will become a net exporter of natural gas and by 2035 it will be energy self-sufficient, the IEA report stated.
"North America is at the forefront of a sweeping transformation in oil and gas production that will affect all regions of the world," the agency said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Shares Reach $100 Mark Since Stock Split; First Flagship Store in Middle East May Open Soon
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Anti-Virus Company Symantec to Switch to Subscription Service, Consolidates Norton Products
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members