US To Produce More Oil Than Saudi Arabia By 2020 - IEA
November 13, 2012 2:52 AM EST
A revolution in extracting petroleum from shale by hydraulic fracturing means that in just five years the United States will produce more crude oil than both Saudi Arabia and Russia, the International Energy Agency said Monday.
Further, by 2020 the U.S. will become a net exporter of natural gas and by 2035 it will be energy self-sufficient, the IEA report stated.
"North America is at the forefront of a sweeping transformation in oil and gas production that will affect all regions of the world," the agency said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery