US To Produce More Oil Than Saudi Arabia By 2020 - IEA
November 13, 2012 2:52 AM EST
A revolution in extracting petroleum from shale by hydraulic fracturing means that in just five years the United States will produce more crude oil than both Saudi Arabia and Russia, the International Energy Agency said Monday.
Further, by 2020 the U.S. will become a net exporter of natural gas and by 2035 it will be energy self-sufficient, the IEA report stated.
"North America is at the forefront of a sweeping transformation in oil and gas production that will affect all regions of the world," the agency said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery