US To Produce More Oil Than Saudi Arabia By 2020 - IEA
November 13, 2012 2:52 AM EST
A revolution in extracting petroleum from shale by hydraulic fracturing means that in just five years the United States will produce more crude oil than both Saudi Arabia and Russia, the International Energy Agency said Monday.
Further, by 2020 the U.S. will become a net exporter of natural gas and by 2035 it will be energy self-sufficient, the IEA report stated.
"North America is at the forefront of a sweeping transformation in oil and gas production that will affect all regions of the world," the agency said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List