US To Produce More Oil Than Saudi Arabia By 2020 - IEA
November 13, 2012 2:52 AM EST
A revolution in extracting petroleum from shale by hydraulic fracturing means that in just five years the United States will produce more crude oil than both Saudi Arabia and Russia, the International Energy Agency said Monday.
Further, by 2020 the U.S. will become a net exporter of natural gas and by 2035 it will be energy self-sufficient, the IEA report stated.
"North America is at the forefront of a sweeping transformation in oil and gas production that will affect all regions of the world," the agency said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots