Villas-Boas to Raid Former Club for Talented Young Winger – Report
By Adrian Back | November 13, 2012 1:41 AM EST
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is hoping that he will be able to convince Porto midfielder Christian Atsu to join him at White Hart Lane in January.
Villas-Boas was the manager that gave Atsu his promotion into the first team squad and he has since gone on to regularly feature for the side, making a total of eight appearances in the league already this season.
Atsu has also made four appearances in the Champions League this season, with the Sunday People suggesting that Tottenham scouts have watched him on a number of occasions while playing in European competition.
The 20-year-old has already scored two goals in five appearances for Ghana and has certainly caught the eye with his displays for Porto this season.
Villas-Boas had previously been linked with a raid on his former club in the summer when it appeared as though Tottenham where keen to sign midfielder Joao Moutinho.
Spurs eventually missed out on signing the Portugal international but it seems as though Villas-Boas has now turned his attention to the younger Atsu.
The People believes that it would take an offer in the region of £12million for the reigning Portuguese champions to even consider allowing the exciting young winger to leave the club.
Villas-Boas will also have to convince Atsu to join a club which is playing in the Europa League, rather than remaining at Porto who are top of their group in the Champions League and have already secured qualification to the knockout stages.
Porto are also top of the Primeira Liga after nine games, while Tottenham are down in seventh place and are already 10 points behind Manchester United.
Atsu is mainly deployed on the left-wing for Porto and would certainly play second fiddle to Gareth Bale should he decide to make the move to Tottenham.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions