Villas-Boas to Raid Former Club for Talented Young Winger – Report
By Adrian Back | November 13, 2012 1:41 AM EST
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is hoping that he will be able to convince Porto midfielder Christian Atsu to join him at White Hart Lane in January.
Villas-Boas was the manager that gave Atsu his promotion into the first team squad and he has since gone on to regularly feature for the side, making a total of eight appearances in the league already this season.
Atsu has also made four appearances in the Champions League this season, with the Sunday People suggesting that Tottenham scouts have watched him on a number of occasions while playing in European competition.
The 20-year-old has already scored two goals in five appearances for Ghana and has certainly caught the eye with his displays for Porto this season.
Villas-Boas had previously been linked with a raid on his former club in the summer when it appeared as though Tottenham where keen to sign midfielder Joao Moutinho.
Spurs eventually missed out on signing the Portugal international but it seems as though Villas-Boas has now turned his attention to the younger Atsu.
The People believes that it would take an offer in the region of £12million for the reigning Portuguese champions to even consider allowing the exciting young winger to leave the club.
Villas-Boas will also have to convince Atsu to join a club which is playing in the Europa League, rather than remaining at Porto who are top of their group in the Champions League and have already secured qualification to the knockout stages.
Porto are also top of the Primeira Liga after nine games, while Tottenham are down in seventh place and are already 10 points behind Manchester United.
Atsu is mainly deployed on the left-wing for Porto and would certainly play second fiddle to Gareth Bale should he decide to make the move to Tottenham.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery