Villas-Boas to Raid Former Club for Talented Young Winger – Report
By Adrian Back | November 13, 2012 1:41 AM EST
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is hoping that he will be able to convince Porto midfielder Christian Atsu to join him at White Hart Lane in January.
Villas-Boas was the manager that gave Atsu his promotion into the first team squad and he has since gone on to regularly feature for the side, making a total of eight appearances in the league already this season.
Atsu has also made four appearances in the Champions League this season, with the Sunday People suggesting that Tottenham scouts have watched him on a number of occasions while playing in European competition.
The 20-year-old has already scored two goals in five appearances for Ghana and has certainly caught the eye with his displays for Porto this season.
Villas-Boas had previously been linked with a raid on his former club in the summer when it appeared as though Tottenham where keen to sign midfielder Joao Moutinho.
Spurs eventually missed out on signing the Portugal international but it seems as though Villas-Boas has now turned his attention to the younger Atsu.
The People believes that it would take an offer in the region of £12million for the reigning Portuguese champions to even consider allowing the exciting young winger to leave the club.
Villas-Boas will also have to convince Atsu to join a club which is playing in the Europa League, rather than remaining at Porto who are top of their group in the Champions League and have already secured qualification to the knockout stages.
Porto are also top of the Primeira Liga after nine games, while Tottenham are down in seventh place and are already 10 points behind Manchester United.
Atsu is mainly deployed on the left-wing for Porto and would certainly play second fiddle to Gareth Bale should he decide to make the move to Tottenham.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance