Cole and Lampard Close to Chelsea Door
By Nick Howson | November 13, 2012 12:13 AM EST
Chelsea pair Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard are on the brink of leaving the club with deals with Paris St Germain and Guizhou Renhe respectively close to being agreed.
Both players' current deal expire in the summer and have until the New Year to agree extensions before legitimately discussing terms with rival clubs.
But Cole's mother, Sue Cole, has revealed that her son will be move to pastures new, hinting that the 31 year old's destination could be Ligue 1 side Paris St Germain.
"Well looks like his going somwhere better hear than the talk of man u. Not too far on the Euro star x[sic]," she wrote on facebook.
A switch to PSG would mean linking up with former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti, who guided Chelsea to a league and cup double in his first season in charge.
Former Arsenal teammate Robert Pires said last week a move for Cole would interest PSG, who are currently joint top of Ligue 1.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are also close to losing midfielder Frank Lampard, who is currently having talks with Chinese League side Renhe.
The England international is currently on the side-lines with a calf injury, but like Cole will be allowed to discuss terms with other clubs should a new deal not be struck before the end of the 2012.
And according to deputy board chairman Yang, the club are in talks with Lampard's representatives, but that a deal is far from being agreed.
"Yes, we are in contact with Lampard but so far nothing has been settled," said Xiaoyu.
Both Cole and Lampard played a influential part in Chelsea's Champions League campaign, which ended with victory over Bayern Munich in May.
The pair have won every major honour available to them with Chelsea, but with the likes of Ryan Bertrand, Josh McEachran and Oriol Romeu ready to step into their shoes, they could become surplus to requirements.
Di Matteo allowed Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer, and the departure of Lampard and Cole next year could be the next step in the Italian's attempts to put his his own mark on the club.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date