Cole and Lampard Close to Chelsea Door
By Nick Howson | November 13, 2012 12:13 AM EST
Chelsea pair Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard are on the brink of leaving the club with deals with Paris St Germain and Guizhou Renhe respectively close to being agreed.
Both players' current deal expire in the summer and have until the New Year to agree extensions before legitimately discussing terms with rival clubs.
But Cole's mother, Sue Cole, has revealed that her son will be move to pastures new, hinting that the 31 year old's destination could be Ligue 1 side Paris St Germain.
"Well looks like his going somwhere better hear than the talk of man u. Not too far on the Euro star x[sic]," she wrote on facebook.
A switch to PSG would mean linking up with former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti, who guided Chelsea to a league and cup double in his first season in charge.
Former Arsenal teammate Robert Pires said last week a move for Cole would interest PSG, who are currently joint top of Ligue 1.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are also close to losing midfielder Frank Lampard, who is currently having talks with Chinese League side Renhe.
The England international is currently on the side-lines with a calf injury, but like Cole will be allowed to discuss terms with other clubs should a new deal not be struck before the end of the 2012.
And according to deputy board chairman Yang, the club are in talks with Lampard's representatives, but that a deal is far from being agreed.
"Yes, we are in contact with Lampard but so far nothing has been settled," said Xiaoyu.
Both Cole and Lampard played a influential part in Chelsea's Champions League campaign, which ended with victory over Bayern Munich in May.
The pair have won every major honour available to them with Chelsea, but with the likes of Ryan Bertrand, Josh McEachran and Oriol Romeu ready to step into their shoes, they could become surplus to requirements.
Di Matteo allowed Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer, and the departure of Lampard and Cole next year could be the next step in the Italian's attempts to put his his own mark on the club.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble