Cole and Lampard Close to Chelsea Door
By Nick Howson | November 13, 2012 12:13 AM EST
Chelsea pair Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard are on the brink of leaving the club with deals with Paris St Germain and Guizhou Renhe respectively close to being agreed.
Both players' current deal expire in the summer and have until the New Year to agree extensions before legitimately discussing terms with rival clubs.
But Cole's mother, Sue Cole, has revealed that her son will be move to pastures new, hinting that the 31 year old's destination could be Ligue 1 side Paris St Germain.
"Well looks like his going somwhere better hear than the talk of man u. Not too far on the Euro star x[sic]," she wrote on facebook.
A switch to PSG would mean linking up with former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti, who guided Chelsea to a league and cup double in his first season in charge.
Former Arsenal teammate Robert Pires said last week a move for Cole would interest PSG, who are currently joint top of Ligue 1.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are also close to losing midfielder Frank Lampard, who is currently having talks with Chinese League side Renhe.
The England international is currently on the side-lines with a calf injury, but like Cole will be allowed to discuss terms with other clubs should a new deal not be struck before the end of the 2012.
And according to deputy board chairman Yang, the club are in talks with Lampard's representatives, but that a deal is far from being agreed.
"Yes, we are in contact with Lampard but so far nothing has been settled," said Xiaoyu.
Both Cole and Lampard played a influential part in Chelsea's Champions League campaign, which ended with victory over Bayern Munich in May.
The pair have won every major honour available to them with Chelsea, but with the likes of Ryan Bertrand, Josh McEachran and Oriol Romeu ready to step into their shoes, they could become surplus to requirements.
Di Matteo allowed Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer, and the departure of Lampard and Cole next year could be the next step in the Italian's attempts to put his his own mark on the club.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues