Cole and Lampard Close to Chelsea Door
By Nick Howson | November 13, 2012 12:13 AM EST
Chelsea pair Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard are on the brink of leaving the club with deals with Paris St Germain and Guizhou Renhe respectively close to being agreed.
Both players' current deal expire in the summer and have until the New Year to agree extensions before legitimately discussing terms with rival clubs.
But Cole's mother, Sue Cole, has revealed that her son will be move to pastures new, hinting that the 31 year old's destination could be Ligue 1 side Paris St Germain.
"Well looks like his going somwhere better hear than the talk of man u. Not too far on the Euro star x[sic]," she wrote on facebook.
A switch to PSG would mean linking up with former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti, who guided Chelsea to a league and cup double in his first season in charge.
Former Arsenal teammate Robert Pires said last week a move for Cole would interest PSG, who are currently joint top of Ligue 1.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are also close to losing midfielder Frank Lampard, who is currently having talks with Chinese League side Renhe.
The England international is currently on the side-lines with a calf injury, but like Cole will be allowed to discuss terms with other clubs should a new deal not be struck before the end of the 2012.
And according to deputy board chairman Yang, the club are in talks with Lampard's representatives, but that a deal is far from being agreed.
"Yes, we are in contact with Lampard but so far nothing has been settled," said Xiaoyu.
Both Cole and Lampard played a influential part in Chelsea's Champions League campaign, which ended with victory over Bayern Munich in May.
The pair have won every major honour available to them with Chelsea, but with the likes of Ryan Bertrand, Josh McEachran and Oriol Romeu ready to step into their shoes, they could become surplus to requirements.
Di Matteo allowed Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer, and the departure of Lampard and Cole next year could be the next step in the Italian's attempts to put his his own mark on the club.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown