Cole and Lampard Close to Chelsea Door
By Nick Howson | November 13, 2012 12:13 AM EST
Chelsea pair Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard are on the brink of leaving the club with deals with Paris St Germain and Guizhou Renhe respectively close to being agreed.
Both players' current deal expire in the summer and have until the New Year to agree extensions before legitimately discussing terms with rival clubs.
But Cole's mother, Sue Cole, has revealed that her son will be move to pastures new, hinting that the 31 year old's destination could be Ligue 1 side Paris St Germain.
"Well looks like his going somwhere better hear than the talk of man u. Not too far on the Euro star x[sic]," she wrote on facebook.
A switch to PSG would mean linking up with former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti, who guided Chelsea to a league and cup double in his first season in charge.
Former Arsenal teammate Robert Pires said last week a move for Cole would interest PSG, who are currently joint top of Ligue 1.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are also close to losing midfielder Frank Lampard, who is currently having talks with Chinese League side Renhe.
The England international is currently on the side-lines with a calf injury, but like Cole will be allowed to discuss terms with other clubs should a new deal not be struck before the end of the 2012.
And according to deputy board chairman Yang, the club are in talks with Lampard's representatives, but that a deal is far from being agreed.
"Yes, we are in contact with Lampard but so far nothing has been settled," said Xiaoyu.
Both Cole and Lampard played a influential part in Chelsea's Champions League campaign, which ended with victory over Bayern Munich in May.
The pair have won every major honour available to them with Chelsea, but with the likes of Ryan Bertrand, Josh McEachran and Oriol Romeu ready to step into their shoes, they could become surplus to requirements.
Di Matteo allowed Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer, and the departure of Lampard and Cole next year could be the next step in the Italian's attempts to put his his own mark on the club.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around