RIM to introduce new BlackBerry 10 devices in January
November 12, 2012 11:28 PM EST
Research In Motion Ltd
The Waterloo, Ontario-based company, a one-time pioneer in the smartphone industry, is betting its future on the success of the new line of smartphones, powered by its new BlackBerry 10 operating system.
RIM has struggled over the last two years, as its existing lineup of devices has lost ground to snazzier and faster smartphones like Apple Inc's iPhone and Samsung Electronics' <066570.KS> Galaxy line.
RIM said the launch event would take place simultaneously in multiple countries and that the company would introduce the first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones as well as the BlackBerry 10 platform.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report