RIM to introduce new BlackBerry 10 devices in January
November 12, 2012 11:28 PM EST
Research In Motion Ltd
The Waterloo, Ontario-based company, a one-time pioneer in the smartphone industry, is betting its future on the success of the new line of smartphones, powered by its new BlackBerry 10 operating system.
RIM has struggled over the last two years, as its existing lineup of devices has lost ground to snazzier and faster smartphones like Apple Inc's iPhone and Samsung Electronics' <066570.KS> Galaxy line.
RIM said the launch event would take place simultaneously in multiple countries and that the company would introduce the first two BlackBerry 10 smartphones as well as the BlackBerry 10 platform.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid