Qoros Auto to Make Public Debut at Geneva Motor Show 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 12, 2012 11:10 PM EST
Chinese car maker Qoros Auto, a joint venture between Chery Automobile and Israel Corporation, will make its first public debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
Qoros Auto, a six-year-old automotive company, said that a compact four-door sedan that is yet to be named will be the first car to unveil at the show before other cars get showcased at the Shanghai Motor Show in April.
Qoros "will make its public debut at next year's Geneva Motor Show by unveiling the first in a series of new products aimed at discerning young buyers in China and Europe," the company said in a press statement.
The company has been seeking experts' advice for the successful launch of its cars. The manufacturing of the upcoming vehicle is supported by major global suppliers like Magna Steyr, TRW, Continental, Bosch, Valeo, Microsoft and Iconmobile.
The teaser images released by the company suggested the debut of three cars. Qoros Auto said that its first car is going to be a C-segment sedan. The company expects to release new variants of the car including hybrid and electric vehicles every six months.
"Featuring interior space comparable to a larger car, Qoros's first sedan will go on sale in the compact or C-segment, the largest-selling vehicle class in China and Europe. It makes its world debut at Geneva in March 2013 before going on display at the Shanghai Motor Show in April," Qoros Auto said.
The company has the capacity to produce 150,000 units and expects to increase the output to 450,000 cars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks