Qoros Auto to Make Public Debut at Geneva Motor Show 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 12, 2012 11:10 PM EST
Chinese car maker Qoros Auto, a joint venture between Chery Automobile and Israel Corporation, will make its first public debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
Qoros Auto, a six-year-old automotive company, said that a compact four-door sedan that is yet to be named will be the first car to unveil at the show before other cars get showcased at the Shanghai Motor Show in April.
Qoros "will make its public debut at next year's Geneva Motor Show by unveiling the first in a series of new products aimed at discerning young buyers in China and Europe," the company said in a press statement.
The company has been seeking experts' advice for the successful launch of its cars. The manufacturing of the upcoming vehicle is supported by major global suppliers like Magna Steyr, TRW, Continental, Bosch, Valeo, Microsoft and Iconmobile.
The teaser images released by the company suggested the debut of three cars. Qoros Auto said that its first car is going to be a C-segment sedan. The company expects to release new variants of the car including hybrid and electric vehicles every six months.
"Featuring interior space comparable to a larger car, Qoros's first sedan will go on sale in the compact or C-segment, the largest-selling vehicle class in China and Europe. It makes its world debut at Geneva in March 2013 before going on display at the Shanghai Motor Show in April," Qoros Auto said.
The company has the capacity to produce 150,000 units and expects to increase the output to 450,000 cars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe