Qoros Auto to Make Public Debut at Geneva Motor Show 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 12, 2012 11:10 PM EST
Chinese car maker Qoros Auto, a joint venture between Chery Automobile and Israel Corporation, will make its first public debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
Qoros Auto, a six-year-old automotive company, said that a compact four-door sedan that is yet to be named will be the first car to unveil at the show before other cars get showcased at the Shanghai Motor Show in April.
Qoros "will make its public debut at next year's Geneva Motor Show by unveiling the first in a series of new products aimed at discerning young buyers in China and Europe," the company said in a press statement.
The company has been seeking experts' advice for the successful launch of its cars. The manufacturing of the upcoming vehicle is supported by major global suppliers like Magna Steyr, TRW, Continental, Bosch, Valeo, Microsoft and Iconmobile.
The teaser images released by the company suggested the debut of three cars. Qoros Auto said that its first car is going to be a C-segment sedan. The company expects to release new variants of the car including hybrid and electric vehicles every six months.
"Featuring interior space comparable to a larger car, Qoros's first sedan will go on sale in the compact or C-segment, the largest-selling vehicle class in China and Europe. It makes its world debut at Geneva in March 2013 before going on display at the Shanghai Motor Show in April," Qoros Auto said.
The company has the capacity to produce 150,000 units and expects to increase the output to 450,000 cars.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date