France, Germany mull EADS pact post-Daimler - paper
November 12, 2012 9:21 PM EST
The French and German governments have started talks on whether to maintain their shareholder pact at EADS
The talks between France and Germany are expected to conclude within a month, the newspaper said on Monday.
Daimler controls a 22.5 percent voting stake in EADS, holding 15 percent directly and controlling the votes of a further 7.5 percent belonging to a consortium of private and public sector investors.
Under the sensitive pact underpinning the group created in 2000, this is counterbalanced on the French side by a 7.5 percent stake owned by media firm Lagardere
Daimler wants to sell its 15 percent stake and has already agreed to sell half by the end of the year to German state-owned development bank KfW
An EADS spokesman declined to comment. The French economy ministry was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Cyril Altmeier; Writing by Elena Berton; Editing by David Holmes)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display