France, Germany mull EADS pact post-Daimler - paper
November 12, 2012 9:21 PM EST
The French and German governments have started talks on whether to maintain their shareholder pact at EADS
The talks between France and Germany are expected to conclude within a month, the newspaper said on Monday.
Daimler controls a 22.5 percent voting stake in EADS, holding 15 percent directly and controlling the votes of a further 7.5 percent belonging to a consortium of private and public sector investors.
Under the sensitive pact underpinning the group created in 2000, this is counterbalanced on the French side by a 7.5 percent stake owned by media firm Lagardere
Daimler wants to sell its 15 percent stake and has already agreed to sell half by the end of the year to German state-owned development bank KfW
An EADS spokesman declined to comment. The French economy ministry was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Cyril Altmeier; Writing by Elena Berton; Editing by David Holmes)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install