Bones Season 8 ‘Patriot in Purgatory’ Receives LA City Commendation for Veterans Day Relevance [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | November 12, 2012 9:05 PM EST
The cast of Fox TV series "Bones" received on Friday a special recognition from Los Angeles City Council for its upcoming episode (Season 8 Episode 6) "The Patriot in the Purgatory."
The official episode synopsis goes:
"While investigating the remains of bodies that have been deemed unidentifiable, five 'squinterns' uncover the identity of a man who died as a result of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, propelling the Jeffersonian team to determine if he was a perpetrator or a victim."
Series creator Hart Hanson first shouted out about the commendation late last week:
"Tomorrow "Bones" is receiving special recognition from the LA City Council for Monday's episode drawing awareness to the needs of veterans!"
The episode, which is to air Monday in the states, is recognized for its political and social relevance in time for the celebration of Veterans Day.
"The Patriot in Purgatory" will be streamed for public viewing every hour as part of LA City's first ever Veterans Appreciation Festival.
Los Angeles city councilmember Eric Garcetti thanked series creator Hart Hanson as well lead cast members Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz for attending the recognition ceremonies.
"(H)ere in Los Angeles, we've given more lives and more people to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan than any other city in the United States. But we can do and we will do better because when we highlight those stories, we find the opportunities [to help the veterans]," says Mr Garcetti during the recognition ceremonies.
"We're happy to bring to light the issues of the veterans and the homeless in our community," said Deschanel.
For his part, Boreanaz said being actors enable them to give the soldiers a voice "and honor them especially on Veterans Day."
The recognition took place at the L.A. City Hall Council Chambers on November 9 in Los Angeles, California.
Bones Season 8 Episode 6: The Patriot in Purgatory - Recognized by Los Angeles City Council for raising awareness to the plight of US veterans [VIDEO]
Bones shout out on Twitter
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James