Chelsea’s Summer Signing Could Leave as Early as January
By Adrian Back | November 12, 2012 8:25 PM EST
Chelsea midfielder Marko Marin could be offered a route out of Stamford Bridge after Borrussia Monchengladbach coach Lucien Favre admitted he would like to sign the winger.
Marin made the move to Chelsea in the summer for £7million but has struggled to make an impression in the first team and is yet to play at all in the Premier League.
The 23-year-old was one of the first players to arrive in the summer but has been unable to make an impression with Eden Hazard and Oscar earning rave reviews for their early season form.
With Juan Mata also in sensational form, it has become virtually impossible for the German international to force his way into first team plans of manager Roberto di Matteo.
Marin had been a key figure at Werder Bremen and was a regular is the starting XI, however, since making the move to west London he has featured in just one game in the League Cup against Wolves back in September.
Marin's progress at Chelsea has been halted by injuries but he still faces plenty of competition once he is fully fit, with Victor Moses recently demonstrating his ability by grabbing a late winner in the Champions League against Shakhtar Donetsk.
His lack of game time has obviously not gone unnoticed by the manager of Monchengladbach who has admitted that he would like to bring the winger back to Germany when the transfer window opens in January.
"A player like Marin could be a good fit for us," said Favre, as quoted by Sky Sports.
"We will have to see what happens in the winter break but we have got nine games to go until then, so I don't want to say more."
Should Monchengladbach make an offer then Marin would have a chance to re-join the club he began his career with. The winger made close to 70 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit and was handed his first cap for Germany while representing the Foals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features