Chelsea’s Summer Signing Could Leave as Early as January
By Adrian Back | November 12, 2012 8:25 PM EST
Chelsea midfielder Marko Marin could be offered a route out of Stamford Bridge after Borrussia Monchengladbach coach Lucien Favre admitted he would like to sign the winger.
Marin made the move to Chelsea in the summer for £7million but has struggled to make an impression in the first team and is yet to play at all in the Premier League.
The 23-year-old was one of the first players to arrive in the summer but has been unable to make an impression with Eden Hazard and Oscar earning rave reviews for their early season form.
With Juan Mata also in sensational form, it has become virtually impossible for the German international to force his way into first team plans of manager Roberto di Matteo.
Marin had been a key figure at Werder Bremen and was a regular is the starting XI, however, since making the move to west London he has featured in just one game in the League Cup against Wolves back in September.
Marin's progress at Chelsea has been halted by injuries but he still faces plenty of competition once he is fully fit, with Victor Moses recently demonstrating his ability by grabbing a late winner in the Champions League against Shakhtar Donetsk.
His lack of game time has obviously not gone unnoticed by the manager of Monchengladbach who has admitted that he would like to bring the winger back to Germany when the transfer window opens in January.
"A player like Marin could be a good fit for us," said Favre, as quoted by Sky Sports.
"We will have to see what happens in the winter break but we have got nine games to go until then, so I don't want to say more."
Should Monchengladbach make an offer then Marin would have a chance to re-join the club he began his career with. The winger made close to 70 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit and was handed his first cap for Germany while representing the Foals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop