Chelsea’s Summer Signing Could Leave as Early as January
By Adrian Back | November 12, 2012 8:25 PM EST
Chelsea midfielder Marko Marin could be offered a route out of Stamford Bridge after Borrussia Monchengladbach coach Lucien Favre admitted he would like to sign the winger.
Marin made the move to Chelsea in the summer for £7million but has struggled to make an impression in the first team and is yet to play at all in the Premier League.
The 23-year-old was one of the first players to arrive in the summer but has been unable to make an impression with Eden Hazard and Oscar earning rave reviews for their early season form.
With Juan Mata also in sensational form, it has become virtually impossible for the German international to force his way into first team plans of manager Roberto di Matteo.
Marin had been a key figure at Werder Bremen and was a regular is the starting XI, however, since making the move to west London he has featured in just one game in the League Cup against Wolves back in September.
Marin's progress at Chelsea has been halted by injuries but he still faces plenty of competition once he is fully fit, with Victor Moses recently demonstrating his ability by grabbing a late winner in the Champions League against Shakhtar Donetsk.
His lack of game time has obviously not gone unnoticed by the manager of Monchengladbach who has admitted that he would like to bring the winger back to Germany when the transfer window opens in January.
"A player like Marin could be a good fit for us," said Favre, as quoted by Sky Sports.
"We will have to see what happens in the winter break but we have got nine games to go until then, so I don't want to say more."
Should Monchengladbach make an offer then Marin would have a chance to re-join the club he began his career with. The winger made close to 70 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit and was handed his first cap for Germany while representing the Foals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced