Chelsea’s Summer Signing Could Leave as Early as January
By Adrian Back | November 12, 2012 8:25 PM EST
Chelsea midfielder Marko Marin could be offered a route out of Stamford Bridge after Borrussia Monchengladbach coach Lucien Favre admitted he would like to sign the winger.
Marin made the move to Chelsea in the summer for £7million but has struggled to make an impression in the first team and is yet to play at all in the Premier League.
The 23-year-old was one of the first players to arrive in the summer but has been unable to make an impression with Eden Hazard and Oscar earning rave reviews for their early season form.
With Juan Mata also in sensational form, it has become virtually impossible for the German international to force his way into first team plans of manager Roberto di Matteo.
Marin had been a key figure at Werder Bremen and was a regular is the starting XI, however, since making the move to west London he has featured in just one game in the League Cup against Wolves back in September.
Marin's progress at Chelsea has been halted by injuries but he still faces plenty of competition once he is fully fit, with Victor Moses recently demonstrating his ability by grabbing a late winner in the Champions League against Shakhtar Donetsk.
His lack of game time has obviously not gone unnoticed by the manager of Monchengladbach who has admitted that he would like to bring the winger back to Germany when the transfer window opens in January.
"A player like Marin could be a good fit for us," said Favre, as quoted by Sky Sports.
"We will have to see what happens in the winter break but we have got nine games to go until then, so I don't want to say more."
Should Monchengladbach make an offer then Marin would have a chance to re-join the club he began his career with. The winger made close to 70 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit and was handed his first cap for Germany while representing the Foals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]