Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with TWRP 2.3 Custom Recovery [Tutorial]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 12, 2012 8:06 PM EST
The Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) has been one of the most widely used custom recoveries for Android devices. Installing a custom recovery will allow you to install custom ROMs, Nandroid backup/restores and perform advance tasks. Now, TWRP 2.3 custom recovery has arrived for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that can be installed using Odin.
Users looking to install the new TWRP 2.3 on their Note 2 may check out the guide below. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk. Before proceeding, users are advised to take a look at the pre-requisites section below:
- Back up all the important data
- Install all the USB drivers for the Galaxy Note 2
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Make sure your device is left with a minimum charge of 80 per cent
- Ensure your device is factory unlocked
To install TWRP 2.3 Recovery on Galaxy Note 2:
- Download TWRP Recovery package for Galaxy Note 2 to your computer
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn off the phone and enter Download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Home buttons and then press the Power button until you see the Samsung logo on the screen
- Open Odin on your PC and connect the phone to the PC while your phone is in the Download mode
- If your Note 2 is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow
- Choose the files that you have to flash/install on the phone
- Click on PDA and choose the file "cwm6-recovery-note2.tar.md5"
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Click on the Start button in Odin. The installation will begin and would take few minutes to complete the same
- Your phone will restart by itself. You may now unplug the device from the computer
Your Galaxy Note 2 has been updated to TWRP 2.3 custom recovery.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: