Amitabh Bachchan Seeks Legal Action for Using Photos in Anti-Maoist Campaign
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 12, 2012 6:56 PM EST
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan was reportedly upset with the Bihar Police for using his pictures in their anti-Maoist campaign.
"Just read news about my photograph being used by Bihar police .. this is illegal, no consent taken or given, lawyers in action now ..'" Bachchan tweeted on Sunday.
He also took to his Facebook account to elaborate on his dismay. "Bihar Police uses my photograph for the recruitment of forces in their fight against the Maoists... this is illegal and wrong and defamatory... they cannot do this without my permission or that of Sony. They have not and they must stop its use immediately. We are in talks with our respective lawyers," he said posted.
Police immediately took down the pictures off billboards in Kaimur district after the actor threatened to take legal action. The pictures were meant for an anti-naxal educational program called "Adhaura 30", reported Press Trust of India (PTI).
Kaimur superintendent of police Umashankar Sudhanshu confirmed that the pictures were used without prior consent from Bachchan.
"We have removed the banner with Bachchan's poster from the only place in Adhaura block that it has been put up to educate the youths. I say sorry to Mr Bachchan for using his poster to motivate and educate the youths," Sudhanshu said.
According to a Rediff report, one of the posters read, "It is better to protect than to kill." Another one said, ""Aap sapne dekhen, hum unhe saakar karenge (You see the dreams, we will fulfill them),"
The campaign, meant to induct rural youth into the police force, saw a huge turnout at the program in Adhaura district. The program includes free training, food and residence to the young adults to help them prepare in the ongoing fight against the Maoists.
According to Daily Mail, the campaign organizers planned to invite Bachchan as they consider him an inspiration for young adults.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet