Sydney Shooting: Man Shot 5 Times in Car Park, Police Investigates
By Arlene Paredes | November 12, 2012 3:52 PM EST
A man is receiving medical treatment after sustaining at least five gunshot wounds in a pub car park, Sydney police reported.
Sydney Police responded to a call for help at Berala Hotel on Woodburn Road, Berala at noontime Monday. Witnesses have been reported as saying the lone shooting victim was shot up to five times. He sustained gunshot wounds in the leg, stomach and arm.
The man was shot near the hotel entrance, but at least one witness said the assailants may have used a silencer.
Investigation is underway, and police are looking into CCTV images from cameras at the shops opposite the hotel.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported spotting skid marks on the car park pavement. There is also a small truck remaining in the area.
The news outlet noted "money was being moved in or out of the hotel," at the time of the shooting. At least one person approached the cash handler, too. But police would not yet confirm a motive for the noontime violence.
One witness mentioned noticing a group of men who appeared to be waiting in a car before the incident. Another witness, who was eating in a noodle house within the perimeter of the shooting, said he believed the shooter(s) must have used a silencer. Police could not indicate yet whether there was more than one shooter. The ballistic test results are expected to be released soon enough.
One of the witnesses reported seeing a large man running away from the area.
The man is still being treated for the gunshot wounds.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans