Sydney Shooting: Man Shot 5 Times in Car Park, Police Investigates
By Arlene Paredes | November 12, 2012 3:52 PM EST
A man is receiving medical treatment after sustaining at least five gunshot wounds in a pub car park, Sydney police reported.
Sydney Police responded to a call for help at Berala Hotel on Woodburn Road, Berala at noontime Monday. Witnesses have been reported as saying the lone shooting victim was shot up to five times. He sustained gunshot wounds in the leg, stomach and arm.
The man was shot near the hotel entrance, but at least one witness said the assailants may have used a silencer.
Investigation is underway, and police are looking into CCTV images from cameras at the shops opposite the hotel.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported spotting skid marks on the car park pavement. There is also a small truck remaining in the area.
The news outlet noted "money was being moved in or out of the hotel," at the time of the shooting. At least one person approached the cash handler, too. But police would not yet confirm a motive for the noontime violence.
One witness mentioned noticing a group of men who appeared to be waiting in a car before the incident. Another witness, who was eating in a noodle house within the perimeter of the shooting, said he believed the shooter(s) must have used a silencer. Police could not indicate yet whether there was more than one shooter. The ballistic test results are expected to be released soon enough.
One of the witnesses reported seeing a large man running away from the area.
The man is still being treated for the gunshot wounds.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS