Sydney Shooting: Man Shot 5 Times in Car Park, Police Investigates
By Arlene Paredes | November 12, 2012 3:52 PM EST
A man is receiving medical treatment after sustaining at least five gunshot wounds in a pub car park, Sydney police reported.
Sydney Police responded to a call for help at Berala Hotel on Woodburn Road, Berala at noontime Monday. Witnesses have been reported as saying the lone shooting victim was shot up to five times. He sustained gunshot wounds in the leg, stomach and arm.
The man was shot near the hotel entrance, but at least one witness said the assailants may have used a silencer.
Investigation is underway, and police are looking into CCTV images from cameras at the shops opposite the hotel.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported spotting skid marks on the car park pavement. There is also a small truck remaining in the area.
The news outlet noted "money was being moved in or out of the hotel," at the time of the shooting. At least one person approached the cash handler, too. But police would not yet confirm a motive for the noontime violence.
One witness mentioned noticing a group of men who appeared to be waiting in a car before the incident. Another witness, who was eating in a noodle house within the perimeter of the shooting, said he believed the shooter(s) must have used a silencer. Police could not indicate yet whether there was more than one shooter. The ballistic test results are expected to be released soon enough.
One of the witnesses reported seeing a large man running away from the area.
The man is still being treated for the gunshot wounds.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]