Sydney Shooting: Man Shot 5 Times in Car Park, Police Investigates
By Arlene Paredes | November 12, 2012 3:52 PM EST
A man is receiving medical treatment after sustaining at least five gunshot wounds in a pub car park, Sydney police reported.
Sydney Police responded to a call for help at Berala Hotel on Woodburn Road, Berala at noontime Monday. Witnesses have been reported as saying the lone shooting victim was shot up to five times. He sustained gunshot wounds in the leg, stomach and arm.
The man was shot near the hotel entrance, but at least one witness said the assailants may have used a silencer.
Investigation is underway, and police are looking into CCTV images from cameras at the shops opposite the hotel.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported spotting skid marks on the car park pavement. There is also a small truck remaining in the area.
The news outlet noted "money was being moved in or out of the hotel," at the time of the shooting. At least one person approached the cash handler, too. But police would not yet confirm a motive for the noontime violence.
One witness mentioned noticing a group of men who appeared to be waiting in a car before the incident. Another witness, who was eating in a noodle house within the perimeter of the shooting, said he believed the shooter(s) must have used a silencer. Police could not indicate yet whether there was more than one shooter. The ballistic test results are expected to be released soon enough.
One of the witnesses reported seeing a large man running away from the area.
The man is still being treated for the gunshot wounds.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Julie Bishop to Attend UN Climate Summit; Australia Pressured to Announce 'Bolder' Target
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date